My latest update for you guys who haven't seen me in a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest update for you guys who haven't seen me in a while

I went to visit my attorney a couple days ago to submit my 6 months of bank statements, papers from when I was served to foreclose my house and all of the other paperwork they required...

They saw how many creditors I have and now they want $600 more to do the work. I'm up to like 70 people on the list. GEEZ! Remember, I'm at like $350k in total debt. My cousin is telling me not to file bankruptcy. HE IS INSANE! How am I supposed to buy another house, car and pay OLD DEBT for stuff I don't even own?

Remember my BMW SUV that everyone told me to get rid of that I haven't made payments in what, 6, 7 or 8 months? Well guess what? I STILL GOT IT!! And they haven't repo'd it! They can't repo what they can't find.

We moved out of our house to South Florida and we never forwarded our mail. We haven't moved everything out. I go back every couple of weeks to pick up more stuff and to check the mail. The neighbors told me that the repo man has been seen driving to our house. They left many business cards on the door, but I am never there since I am 350 miles away. The first repo man got tired of driving 30 miles out to my house each time that he gave up. The bank ended up sing a 2nd repo man. This time the guy drove to my house all the way from Daytona Beach!! Over 60 miles away!!!! Man, he must have been FUMING MAD to drive all that way only to find that I wasn't home.

We can't give the SUV back yet because we use it for moving stuff. We are staying with family members and there's no room here. We slowly move stuff down here and try to make room, little by little.

The bank must be boiling mad about not being able to find the SUV. I am hoping to get filed by August or so. My lawyer told me they are booked solid and it may take a couple months until she can get my stuff filed... not to mention them wanting an extra $600.

I'm no longer over the median. My last 6 months income has been like $20,000 or a little less. The median for Florida is like $26,000. My lawyer was charging me $500 for the means test!! WHAT A RIP OFF. If I had known this lawyer was going to be all this trouble, I would have went pro se.

Remember in my earlier discussions, when I was looking back from November or December, my income levels were between $5,000 and $7800 or so. Now I am grossing maybe $3200-3800 at best... way under the $4200/mo. average for the median.

We are so excited to get this going!! I want to have a bankruptcy party once I file. You guys have been hounding me for over a year to get this done and now I'm getting close!! At least I paid almost $4,000 to our attorney (which was a huge step) and now they have 95% of the paperwork they need done.

Now we have just a few things pending...

The result on my attorney giving me credit on the means test they charged me $500 up front which I will no longer need

The $600 they want extra to do the excess creditors

The last remaining bank statement right before I file

Any other small paperwork that was missed.

Glad to hear you are finally moving forward and putting this debt behind you. Wow! Your attorney must be either pretty good and/or pretty slow...a couple of months?!?

LOL about the repo guy(s)...

Thanks for the update
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I "LOVE" the hard time your giving the REPO man. Watch out for these guys though

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...rationrepo.gif
      Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
      Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
      Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
        Remember my BMW SUV that everyone told me to get rid of that I haven't made payments in what, 6, 7 or 8 months? Well guess what? I STILL GOT IT!! And they haven't repo'd it! They can't repo what they can't find.

The neighbors told me that the repo man has been seen driving to our house. They left many business cards on the door, but I am never there since I am 350 miles away. The first repo man got tired of driving 30 miles out to my house each time that he gave up. The bank ended up sing a 2nd repo man. This time the guy drove to my house all the way from Daytona Beach!! Over 60 miles away!!!! Man, he must have been FUMING MAD to drive all that way only to find that I wasn't home.

The bank must be boiling mad about not being able to find the SUV. I am hoping to get filed by August or so. My lawyer told me they are booked solid and it may take a couple months.

I hope you're using Amsoil in the SUV as you trek back and forth.

I doubt the repo guy cares one way or another whether he gets your vehicle. I'm sure he gets paid just for trying. I doubt the bank is "boiling mad" either. To these people this is just business. It's not personal for them as it is for you. They're just doing their jobs.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Yeah, I have the Amsoil in it. It's helping me get about 5-6 MPG more on the highway.

I don't drive it much.

Operation Repo would HATE me. For one, my car has a garage. Also in the new place I am in, the SUV stays in the back yard in a locked fence.

I am a repo man's worst nightmare.

The repo men looking for my car obviously SUCK. If they were good, they would camp by my house for a week or so and wait for me to go some place. They had their chance. Now the SUV is never at the house anymore for them to find it. So now it will stay in South Florida. They have no idea that it's down there... so they are all on a wild goose chase. I can't wait to get rid of it. It will save me $60/mo. on my insurance once I cancel it from my policy. Plus in the big city, it's a gas hog. It only gets good gas mileage on the highway at 55 MPH. In stop and go traffic both of my cars get 15 MPG here. Even my 4-cylinder sedan that got 33 MPG gets 15-16 MPG here since the traffic is so aweful. By the time I get into high gear, I hit a stop light. I need a $30,000 dollar 2010 Prius, but that's another thread.

Comment

Just be careful. Rumor has it the repo man is watching you on this board!
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              Just be careful. Rumor has it the repo man is watching you on this board!
              If he is, let him send me an email. I'd love it!

Comment

Congrats!.. you will be no longer a monster...

Comment

Hopefully you get it all filed soon! I agree with the other poster though you're lawyer is either really great or just really slow.

Good Luck!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Well I can tell you one thing, THEY ARE NOT GOOD. It's in a small, podunk town and it was the only lawyer I could find in the area that would do the mean's test. But now I don't need to do the means test and they've already racked up over $900 in bills on me for all of the phone calls and stuff I forwarded to them. So I could get a huge loss if she gave me money back. Plus the new lawyer down here told me that I have to live here for 5 months before I could file with him. So that's why I am just sticking with the lawyer up north to get me done. That's why I have not forwarded my mail or anything. Everything looks like I still live at the house. There's nothing there except some of my appliances and a few small things in the garage. After the bankruptcy is filed, I will get a small moving truck and bring everything down to a storage unit.

Yep... it's true... I won't be a debt monster any longer after this thing gets a discharge.

I need to raise a couple grand and have a nice bankruptcy party after the discharge and celebrate at a nice restaurant without using any credit cards. WOO HOOO!

Comment

Hey Amsoil Man!

Just yesterday, I wondered why DebtMonster hadn't posted lately. Now I Know! Hope you get filed in August. We are filing in Sept.

Glad your back. Ready for some more Debates Just a teasing. Sorry this BK is costing so much. We leave in a town of 2,400 & only 2 BK Attorney's in the closest City. Of the 2, I think we picked the Best One.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
                        Hey Amsoil Man!

Just yesterday, I wondered why DebtMonster hadn't posted lately. Now I Know! Hope you get filed in August. We are filing in Sept.

Glad your back. Ready for some more Debates Just a teasing. Sorry this BK is costing so much. We leave in a town of 2,400 & only 2 BK Attorney's in the closest City. Of the 2, I think we picked the Best One.

Luci
                        The scariest part for me is I took a hiatus for a couple months and return the exact same day DM does! I too was wondering how he was surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                          The scariest part for me is I took a hiatus for a couple months and return the exact same day DM does! I too was wondering how he was surviving.

O Dear! - Sorry I didn't realize you had been gone. Will be doing the same in a week or two to concentrate on updating our paperwork so we can file in Sept.

Luci

Comment

Yeah, I haven't been on here because there hasn't been any real updates to talk about. This past week was the most significant with my case. I am having the same kind of issues that many people here have complained about. Now that the attorney has all my money, now they don't return phone calls or emails. Had I known this was going to be such a hassle, I would have done everything Pro Se and figured it all out on my own the same way I always have to do when I use Turbo Tax.

They should sell bankruptcy software that works like Turbo Tax to print out all of your forms. That would be a really nifty piece of software!

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                              They should sell bankruptcy software that works like Turbo Tax to print out all of your forms. That would be a really nifty piece of software!
                              I was wondering the same thing!! Maybe you're on to something....hmmm....
                              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X