which was more stressful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which was more stressful?

just wondering which time was more stressful..... (1)Hiring the attny (which is where im at) (2)filing....(3) 341 meeting or (4) 60 days wait till close??

I am pretty stressed and im only on step one does it get easier or am i just thinking this is stressful and i havent seen anything yet!?!
    Retained Attny...6/22/2009
    Filed.................7/28/2009
    341 meeting.......9/04/2009

hiring is harder than filing. anticipation of 341 is stressful but the hearing itself is very easy 99% of the time. waiting the 60 days can be stressless if you can convince yourself not to think about it (but almost nobody manages that, at least on this forum).
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

The 60-days was the most stressful to me because it ended up 115 days - thought it would never end.
      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

the most stressful part for me was honestly all the worrying and "what ifs" about the 341.
        now that the 341 is over i can sit here and say wow i cant believed i stressed so much over that!

I'm not too worried about waiting the 60 days for my official discharge letter, as far as im concerned the worst is over.
        retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
        10/30/10- WEDDING!!
        09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

if you dont mind why would it be 115 days? i thought it was only 60 days it may take a little longer but legally they could only do something during the 60 days? am i wrong?

Comment

The most stressful for me was deciding BK was the thing to do and explaining it to my wife.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

scorpios, it's true once the 60 days are up, nobody can prevent the discharge. but people are naturally worried, even if there is absolutely no reason for it. plus, getting the actual discharge gives people closure. and some long-needed joy.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by scorpios View Post
                if you dont mind why would it be 115 days? i thought it was only 60 days it may take a little longer but legally they could only do something during the 60 days? am i wrong?
                It's because our district is so backed up. Our 341 was June 2 and our atty told us it'd be about 4 mos until we got our discharge just because there's so many filings.

I think everything up until and including the 341 were pretty stressful...now i'm just kickin back and waiting for discharge.

Comment

cool i guess at least once the 60 days are up it doesnt matter thats a relief!

I saw that 115 days and thought oh wow that is alot of worrying! thanks im sure im going to be stressed the whole time at lease i know when i make if i ever do nothing happens in 60 days it is just a waiting game then! thanks for everyones input! im pretty stressed and im sure its going to get a lot worse! it is on my brain 24 hrs a day and we havent even actually filed yet! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE

Comment

The most stressful part for me was the time leading up to the decision that I had to file. I had talked to 4 lawyers so it was jsut a matter of picking the one I thought I could work with the best. I didn't worry about the 341 meeting since i had no assets. The 10 days after the 341 were a little worry some since I had a + number on my MDI. After that I started making plans.
                    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                    341 09/17/2008
                    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

So far, the week after filing was the most stressful for me, because I expected to feel relief and had to deal with creditors who had not received notice yet. Filling out the paperwork for filing pro se was stressful as well. Since you are going with a lawyer you will not have to deal with either of these stressors.

I wish you as much peace as possible as you go through this process.

Comment

The most stressful for me was the anticipation of filing, and worrying about that in the midst of all of the collection calls - AWFUL!!! Do not stress about the 341 - it's almost always a cakewalk.

Everyone's BK is different. My 60 days is up on Monday, the 29th and AmEx has been threatening to file an AP against me. My lawyer has been dealing with it and he says he's almost positive they will back off. And he's one of the most respected BK attorneys in my district. But I'm naturally a little anxious. I'm sure I'll end up emailing him at 12 am on the 30th asking if I made it.
                        Filed C7: 03/09/09
                        341: 04/30/09
                        Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

The recognition of NO OTHER CHOICE
                          Surrender...flying the white flag.. FAILURE..spotless credit wiped out...tragedy... sob...

That was difficult

collecting the info to file was just factual, they requested I supplied

Now I am 2 weeks from 341 and I am concerned with "what ifs" even though I know it is out of my hands and I have been honest.. I still cant help thinking .. what if...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X