top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If schedule I is positive, will trustee turn it into a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If schedule I is positive, will trustee turn it into a 13?

First of all, hi to everyone here. Lots of anxiety; our 341 is Tuesday.

My question:
    Our Means test was -66.00, but our Schedule "J" was +600. Will the trustee try to make us convert to a 13?
    Last edited by lafrteacher; 06-26-2009, 03:33 PM.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 6/1/09
    341 Meeting on 6/30/09
    Awaiting discharge...

If you are showing a positive $600 then that will most likely catch the UST attention. General rule of thumb is to not show more than $100 positive cash flow on your schedule J.

Are you sure you are listing all of your expenses? Such as:
    Electricity
    Trash
    Sew/Water/Septic
    Gas (Home)/Oil
    Phone
    Cell
    Internet
    Food/Groceries
    Cable
    Dining Out
    Work/School Lunch
    Entertail1lnent
    Clothing
    Health Insurance
    Doctors Co-Pay
    Medications
    Medical Equipment
    Dental Insurance
    Dental Co-Pay
    Veterinary
    Clubs, Sports & Hobbies
    Life Insurance
    Car Insurance
    Gasoline
    Auto Expenses
    Taxi/Parking/Public/Transportation Contribution
    Child Support
    Child Care
    Tuition/School Fees
    Business Expenses/Union Dues
    Beauty/Barber/Nails/Dry Cleaning
    Other (Holidays, Birthday, Cigarettes, etc.)

Keep in mind that some of these may or may not be accepted in your district. and you don't want to be too far above IRS standards for some of these categories. Are you pro se or do you have an attorney?
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

is the OP allowed to amend his expenses after the UST gets involved (if he does)? or does he have to do it first?
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

My schedule j was -125. I concur with laura. You need to reexamine your expenses and get your disposable income less than $100/mo. Good luck.
        Filed: 5/7/2009 :cry: 341: 6/9/2009 :yahoo:
        Discharged: 8/12/2009 :clapping::clapping::clapping:
        My advice is based on personal experience only

Comment

Using an attorney. He wants us to use the standard on all the deductions that he knows the trustee will accept. Going to see him Monday to see if we can list some more expenses on Schedule J.

Can I list student loan payments on there? State tax payment on taxes owed from last year?
          Last edited by lafrteacher; 06-26-2009, 05:13 PM.
          Filed Ch. 7 on 6/1/09
          341 Meeting on 6/30/09
          Awaiting discharge...

Comment

What's his explanation for using the Standards? I don't believe there is a Bankruptcy Trustee who would not accept your actual expenses for either a 6 month or 12 month 'look back'.

I'm sure you have a copy of your Schedule I in hand which was filed with your Bankruptcy Petition. Use a software program & 'plug in' the exact numbers. Take the corrected Schedule I with you to your 341 & ALL documentation (receipts, etc.) justify your expenses. In our case, it would be a large box full

Yes, with a +600 you will be converted to a 13. Your disposable income should be around 160-167 and no higher. I don't understand your Attorney forcing you to use the Standards. If you can prove your numbers are higher and within reason (like entertainment at $150, NOT), I think the Trustee will accept them.

You may be charged either $26 or $29 to amend your bankruptcy filing; however, since you completed the Amended Schedule I, your Attorney should not be able to charge you. Have cash on hand to pay for Amendment.

This will upset your Attorney, but he's not the one who will Not get a 'Fresh Start' by filing a Chapter 7. He works for YOU and it would be in his/her best interest to complete the process until your case is closed. You will have to watch him like a hawk. Suggest you register with Pacer and follow your case til closed.

There is a stickie on Pacer to help you view the correct notations during your Bankruptcy. Also, you can use the Search Button and type in Pacer instructions. I'm unable to locate the post; however, there is a member of this forum who gives you easy to understand steps in locating the info you need.

Good Luck!

Luci

PS Just read where you are meeting with your Attorney Monday. Hand him the Amended Schedule I & tell him these are the figures you want to use.

Comment

Update:

Got schedule J updated, listed some more expenses. Now -175.00.
              Trustee meeting tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes; it's in God's hands now.
              Filed Ch. 7 on 6/1/09
              341 Meeting on 6/30/09
              Awaiting discharge...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X