80 days and no discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 days and no discharge

My 341 was in April. Last day for objections was June 5th. Still no discharge on Pacer. I did call my lawyer. They said that they think the courts are backed up and this is why there is no discharge. I hope that they are right!

This whole experience has been very stressful and now I wish I had waited.

My job is forcing us to work without pay starting July 1st if there is no budget passed by the state. I have no way to survive..no credit cards to lean on. All of my savings went to pay for the lawyer. We are not allowed to collect UC since we are still employed even though we are not being paid. I wish I knew this was going to happen and I could have waited to file chapter 7 =(

that's awful.

maybe your job has a credit union that would lend you money until you get your salary? maybe you can apply for a credit card? the 60 days are over, so the discharge will just be a formality at this point. and i don't think anyone would be able to fault you for borrowing money against your salary, which is sure to come at some point.

can you call the bk clerk to get the discharge moving? look at the sticky on the subject, it has some advice there.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
      My 341 was in April. Last day for objections was June 5th. Still no discharge on Pacer. I did call my lawyer. They said that they think the courts are backed up and this is why there is no discharge. I hope that they are right!

This whole experience has been very stressful and now I wish I had waited.

My job is forcing us to work without pay starting July 1st if there is no budget passed by the state. I have no way to survive..no credit cards to lean on. All of my savings went to pay for the lawyer. We are not allowed to collect UC since we are still employed even though we are not being paid. I wish I knew this was going to happen and I could have waited to file chapter 7 =(
      I went 88 days before I rec'd my discharge.

Comment

We went 115 days until our discharge.
        Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
        341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
        Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

God that would suck. We are on day 66 and it is driving me crazy. I know we are just waiting on the backed up courts but I just want this over with and done.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
            that's awful.

maybe your job has a credit union that would lend you money until you get your salary? maybe you can apply for a credit card? the 60 days are over, so the discharge will just be a formality at this point. and i don't think anyone would be able to fault you for borrowing money against your salary, which is sure to come at some point.

can you call the bk clerk to get the discharge moving? look at the sticky on the subject, it has some advice there.
            My job does have a credit union that is helping the employees. I had loans with them that were included in the chapter 7 so there is no way I am eligible. I even called them to make sure. I am so very worried. First bankruptcy now I have to work without pay. I am at the lowest of low!

Comment

wow. can you try to talk to a supervisor at the CU? i believe they are not allowed to discriminate against you just because you filed bk. everybody else who is in the same work-for-no-pay situation is being helped out by the CU, and the CU is giving them loans based on the fact that the CU knows that their salary would come at some point. they know the same thing about your salary. it's unfair. so try again, talk to a supervisor's supervisor's supervisor. you may have to agree to harsher terms, for example to agree that when the salary does come, it goes to them directly at first. but they have to help you. they just can't leave you out in the cold, it's not right. try again.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                wow. can you try to talk to a supervisor at the CU? i believe they are not allowed to discriminate against you just because you filed bk. everybody else who is in the same work-for-no-pay situation is being helped out by the CU, and the CU is giving them loans based on the fact that the CU knows that their salary would come at some point. they know the same thing about your salary. it's unfair. so try again, talk to a supervisor's supervisor's supervisor. you may have to agree to harsher terms, for example to agree that when the salary does come, it goes to them directly at first. but they have to help you. they just can't leave you out in the cold, it's not right. try again.
                Music has a point in that your new debt is after filing and would not be discharged. If you named them in your bk, how much are you discharging from them? If a little, perhaps if you would reaffirm that debt, you would get a chance. They are not legally obligated to loan you anything as they are a co-op and you are no longer a member once you filed against them.

we were an asset case and 30 more waiting days was added. I believe we did not discharge for 120 days and we are still not closed after a year. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  Music has a point in that your new debt is after filing and would not be discharged. If you named them in your bk, how much are you discharging from them? If a little, perhaps if you would reaffirm that debt, you would get a chance. They are not legally obligated to loan you anything as they are a co-op and you are no longer a member once you filed against them.

we were an asset case and 30 more waiting days was added. I believe we did not discharge for 120 days and we are still not closed after a year. 'Hub
                  I still have my car from them and they did not make me do a reaffirmation. I included a 4k loan and 9k credit card from them in the chapter 7. The main reason I am totally screwed here is that the bankruptcy has yet to be discharged.

I am hearing that I will likely have to work 8 plus weeks without pay from my job. I am freaking out. sick of it all. How much can one soul take before she breaks? If they do not pay me for 8 weeks I will end up losing my car, my home, everything. I am already bankrupt and did not think it could get worse but it did. I do not understand how what is happening to me is legal but it is.

Life sucks!

Comment

i would add to my previous suggestion to go IN PERSON to the CU, maybe take your spouse along, and talk face to face with someone who has the authority and discretion to make special decisions like this. bring your bk papers with you just in case. explain to them why you had to file bk, what bk means and about the fresh start its supposed to give you. tell them that bk was already there in the old testament. assure and reassure them that if they give you this loan against your salary, you'll give your salary check to them right away once you receive it. bring your kids along if you have to, start crying in their face if you have to. anything.

if that fails, talk to your boss. explain your situation. tell him he has to solve this problem because you can't get through two months with no money. maybe he'll co-sign for a loan with you if you agree that when the salary comes, he will intercept it and give it directly to the CU. then you'd just have to go to the CU and sign the salary check over to them, but they will already have it.

keep trying. something has to give.
                    filed ch7 May 09
                    341 june 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X