Starting to get CC offers already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to get CC offers already

I am already starting to get CC offers. It scares me to even think of it yet. I am not even discharged yet. I am hopefully a little over 40 days from discharge and wouldn't even consider one yet.

I do know at some point I am going to have to start rebuilding some credit and will want some guidance on what are the good cards to go with but not yet.
    Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
    341 Meeting 6/5/09
    Discharged 8/5/09
    Case Closed 8/6/09

Don't apply before discharge for sure, here 2 years later I still don't have a credit card. Yes I get offers now and then but I've not filled any out.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Same here. I Googled the name of one of those offers and read horrific tales by people who held their cards. I couldn't find the paper shredder fast enough. Also I am starting to get legit offers again from banks we didn't bk against. I did one of those free fako score offers since it's too soon to start rebuilding our credit. I was surprised to see a 711 score. I know it's not accurate but it was starting point. I have been too afraid to actually look at what our fico scores had dropped to since we began the bk process. We don't plan to accept any of these offers but it's sad to see these offers reappear when we haven't even been discharged yet. Greedy banks certainly don't want to let you get away permanently. Sorry banks I learned my lesson. I'll just buy a larger paper shredder if I need too.
      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
      341: 5/12
      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Right on Willbfree!

Originally posted by willbfree View Post
        Same here. I Googled the name of one of those offers and read horrific tales by people who held their cards. I couldn't find the paper shredder fast enough. Also I am starting to get legit offers again from banks we didn't bk against. I did one of those free fako score offers since it's too soon to start rebuilding our credit. I was surprised to see a 711 score. I know it's not accurate but it was starting point. I have been too afraid to actually look at what our fico scores had dropped to since we began the bk process. We don't plan to accept any of these offers but it's sad to see these offers reappear when we haven't even been discharged yet. Greedy banks certainly don't want to let you get away permanently. Sorry banks I learned my lesson. I'll just buy a larger paper shredder if I need too.
        Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
        Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
        Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

I have been getting offers as well. The only credit I plan on getting is the non-revolving type (i.e. auto loan) to rebuild my credit :o)
          Filed: 5/7/2009 :cry: 341: 6/9/2009 :yahoo:
          Discharged: 8/12/2009 :clapping::clapping::clapping:
          My advice is based on personal experience only

Comment

Originally posted by willbfree View Post
            Good idea on checking the "credit card companies" out by googling them and reading the horror stories! I've just filed and I'm getting "offers" from car dealerships for a new car "because I DESERVE IT!"...seriously, that's what one said! I don't need a new car, but I was curious to call and find out what interest rate "I deserve" from their perspective...
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I got offers also. They are not ironclad that you will get a credit card. They send those out to people after bankruptcy. Someone posted yesterday how they applied for multiple cards and were denied. I am in the exact same boat. I fixed my credit reports to be correct, but I believe the fourth secret agency Innovis could be causing the denials. Anyways, I gave up my house, my car, everything, and now I am unable to get any unsecured credit. I thought discharge was a good thing. I am just putting this out there for people who are not gettting credit after bankruptcy. You are not the only ones. People who get $1,000 credit approvals are most likely the minority or kept their house after bankruptcy.

Comment

Why don't you check out your Innovis credit report to see what it is reporting?

Innovis provides credit, identity, and authentication solutions designed to manage risk and empower consumers and customers to achieve their financial goals
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Mail in the return envelope without any of the return information or application(empty). That's a good way to help our postal service make money since the CC company would have to pay postage on the returned envelope.

99.9% have no postage necessary envelopes.
                  6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                  10/06/2009 Discharged
                  01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                    Why don't you check out your Innovis credit report to see what it is reporting? https://www.innovis.com/InnovisWeb/p...ditReport.html
                    Called them yesterday. Sending a report to me as I type this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
                      Mail in the return envelope without any of the return information or application(empty). That's a good way to help our postal service make money since the CC company would have to pay postage on the returned envelope.

99.9% have no postage necessary envelopes.
                      LOL!! Good idea!
                      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X