• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew!
    Congrats on another mile stone -Check

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
      I was scared too.....well I'm always scared.....LOL Good story.....glad it worked out for you. One question.......once you get through the hearing......how is anyone sure they will get a discharge? Will anything else come up???? Maybe the wrong place to post this....
      That's what the 60 wait is for, sure the Trustee can still request more info or the UST can get involved or a creditor can object...but at least the initial meeting is over.
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

The homeless looking lady was me!

Just a little side biz I started, trying to make a buck!

Don't tell...

I was wearing a wig-I have no hair.

<-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

newbie question

What is a "SL" ? Thanks ..

Comment

Originally posted by griswald View Post
            What is a "SL" ? Thanks ..
            Student Loans

Oh, Ding Dong, you are sooo silly You'd be so gorgeous the Trustee would be looking at you the whole time and giving all of us in the room discharges immediately...no 60 day wait necessary Where did you buy a dirty blonde ratty wig with dark roots to hide your beauty?!?!
            Last edited by liz417; 06-30-2009, 06:07 AM.
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Thanks figured it out later but was either to late to edit or couldn't figure out hope to do it.. Thanks again though..

Comment

Just wanted to add my congrats to you as well! I so enjoyed reading your story and I did not know you were going to the homeless looking lady was actually an attorney! Yikes! I hope me and hubby's 341 goes as smooth as your does. I'm going to observe my attorney at work on June 20th. Turns out the bk courthouse is practically next door to my building. I figure if I see a few hearings on my lunch hour it might help with the butterflies in my tummy!
                Filed: 8-19-09
                341: 9-21-09
                Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Glad to hear it all went well, I remember watching the ones before me there were some doozies.....

But like yours mine was pretty straight forward.
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Oh fantastic!!

I actually feel very very very sad for that person with the homeless looking atty - that actually breaks my heart.
                    Teacher Momma

Comment

your title scared the hell out of me - you should be officially banned from the forum!

but having read the post itself, it was so enjoyable i'm glad you caught my attention

so you should be officially forgiven, un-banned, and welcomed back.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

sounds like some of the people i saw at my 341. lots of unprepared lawyes/disappointed clients. appeared that us Poor(Pro) Se filers had an easier time with the tt as we were all very well prepared. welcome to the 60 day club.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                          your title scared the hell out of me - you should be officially banned from the forum! Boy, you got that right. I just about had a cardiac arrest. I'm tellin Mamma who is a Mod. (I'm so jealous).

but having read the post itself, it was so enjoyable i'm glad you caught my attention After CPR and injections of "really good stuff", I recovered to sellabrate mi sinati?

so you should be officially forgiven, un-banned, and welcomed back. Of course, It takes some humor as we are mostly all in pain. A bit of humor and kidding (in good taste) makes this place what it is. A Success.

Mrs. and I are so pleased with good news. WE ARE living our NEW START seriously.

Times may be getting tougher. We need to do it right, right now. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congrats! Glad to hear it went well! I think that straggly atty may have been at mine as well lol..... welcome to the 60 day club, well for us it may be more like 120 days. but soon enough it'll be done!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X