giving your car back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

giving your car back

My lawyer told me that with in 45 days after the 341 that I have to surrender my car. Cuz I'm not going to keep it.He says to just call the bank and ask them where they want me to drop it off at. He says they have drop off places. Has anyone else had to do this or have heard of this???? I live in Colorado.My 341 is July 20th....
    filed June 12,09
    341 July 20,09
    deadline to object Sept 18,09

Call them and see what they say. Our finance company said that they don't do drop offs. They are sending a repo guy to pick up dh's truck.

Just be careful about dropping it off anywhere and don't cancel the insurance on it until you're sure the finance company has taken possession of it.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

A repo guy....are you giving it back now or after the 341??? Cuz he told me with in 45 days after 341? I made my last car pymt in April 09.....so do you think they will repo it before that???
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09

Comment

It's due to be registered and I'm not going to register it. So, you say to keep the insurance on it even though I won't be able to drive it due to not being registered.My Lawyer said I didn't have to register it either....if I needed to transport it, can't you get a registration for a day or two to transport???
        filed June 12,09
        341 July 20,09

Comment

I believe in Wa state there is something like that , called a one-way pass or something like that..

Comment

I just don't get this about the car??? If they don't have a drop off and they send a repo guy....will they charge you???
            filed June 12,09
            341 July 20,09

Comment

Don't know how they could charge you for it.
              No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

I don't know either or how that works....... I wish I could know everything about BK and whatever.....LOL
                filed June 12,09
                341 July 20,09

Comment

Dang calm down. I drove a truck 8 months with no registration before (YES I DID HAVE INSURANCE) even got pulled over and the cop never said anything.

My advice if you need to drop it off, have the person driving you back follow you. No need to rack your brain trying to find this non existant temporary registration for a 5 to 20 minute drive.

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
                    I just don't get this about the car??? If they don't have a drop off and they send a repo guy....will they charge you???
                    Okay, who is your loan through (BofA, Chase, Ford, Credit Union, etc)? I would call them and ask them where you can drop it off, if the loan is through a bank or a CU, you can simply walk in drop off the keys and leave (take pics of course before you leave the car). Your loan company will work with you (most of the time), if you are not paying the note, they want their car back...they don't want to spend extra $$ hiring a Repo guy when you are more than willing to give the car up.

Good Luck!

P.S. No, you won't be charged if the Repo guy has to come out.
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I know....you know.....I could never drive a car without reg....I would be too SCARED!!! No really...I think they have temp reg here in CO for a day or two...I will find out soon.
                      filed June 12,09
                      341 July 20,09

Comment

Liz...it is with Compass Bank and not pd on it since April 1st 09...I guess I wait till after the 341 July 20th 09 with in the 45 days and then call them and ask...huh?
                        filed June 12,09
                        341 July 20,09

Comment

Liz...it is with Compass Bank and not pd on it since April 1st 09...I guess I wait till after the 341 July 20th 09 with in the 45 days and then call them and ask...huh?
                          Is "Compass Bank" a local bank? No, I would call them now and ask them where they would like it to be dropped off at?
                          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

They are closed right now. I guess these banks are midwestern...I'm in CO.
                            filed June 12,09
                            341 July 20,09

Comment

I know....you know.....I could never drive a car without reg....I would be too SCARED!!! No really...I think they have temp reg here in CO for a day or two...I will find out soon.
                              I can't imagine how relieved you'll be when this is all over with. I see people on here almost every day saying their done, and I just think good for them.

When I see you post that you're done, I think I'll feel a little better myself.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X