So when can I start saving again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when can I start saving again?

As advised by my attorney and folks on the forum, I've been in the "keep a minimal balance in your bank account" mode for the last couple months in preparation for filing. I do a LOT of grocery shopping, prescription refilling, Sam's Club shopping, etc. as soon as I get paid (which, unfortunately, is once a month...) and I almost always get a little "cash back" to pad the mattress at home in case my accounts are frozen.

Obviously, after using CC's for so long to make up for monthly budget shortfalls (yeah, yeah - that's how I got here...), I'm used to living paycheck to paycheck. However, we're at a point where we have our expenses down to a manageable level and would like to start saving some money for emergencies, etc., without being constantly worried that it will get taken by the Trustee.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saving thousands of money every month -- but it would be nice to put away $50 here and $100 there when we can and actually start planning for a future again!

From what I've been reading, I'm a little confused as to when it's safe to start padding the savings account again. It's either after the date that I file, after the 341, or after discharge.

I really hope it's after filing because I should be through that in the next week.

Advice? Thoughts?
    Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
    341 - 8/24/09
    Discharged - 11/3/09
    Closed - 12/10/09

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X