Have to have filed taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to have filed taxes?

Two quick questions. First, do I need to have filed my 2008 taxes in order to declare ch 7 bankruptcy? Second, Is it right that anything I make after filing is just sort of "out of the picture." I have a prospect of collecting around 15,000 on a project that is just starting now for my business (a DBA.) Most of the work and the actual payment would occur just after the filing.

about taxes, no, you do not need to have filed the 2008 taxes, but you will have to give a copy of the last tax return(s) you did file.

technically, anything you earn after filing is safe, but some people still worry that the trustee might go after it. the trustee isn't really allowed to, though.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by turnipblood View Post
      Two quick questions. First, do I need to have filed my 2008 taxes in order to declare ch 7 bankruptcy? Second, Is it right that anything I make after filing is just sort of "out of the picture." I have a prospect of collecting around 15,000 on a project that is just starting now for my business (a DBA.) Most of the work and the actual payment would occur just after the filing.
      if you are anticipating the amount, you do have to declare it at your 341 meeting. They will ask about any anticipated money, inheritances, etc. It wouldn't be included for your 6-month look back but they could figure it for your future income..
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks! So you mean it wouldn't be a problem unless it adjusted my income level to a point where my entire ch7 filing status became questionable, right?

If they money actually came into my account after the filing but before the 341, it can't be touched by the trustee, but it can affect the final determination of whether my income is too high for ch7?

Comment

You will need your 2008 income taxes filed with the IRS before you file BK.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X