Question about paying credit cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about paying credit cards

I have a 3 part questions about credit cards.

I filed on 7/1 and my 341 is on 8/14. My question is... what happens if I pay on credit cards between now and then?

1st card is a department store credit card that I did NOT include in the bk because I have every intention of paying it off. It will probably take me about 3 months (maybe less) to do so.

2nd card is a Home Depot card. We only used it because we needed a lawn mower and that was the only way to get it. We also will pay this one off and it is NOT included in the bk.

3rd is Best Buy. We DID include this in bk but we had a stove on there for my MIL and she has 1 payment left to make. We have other things on there that are old and ours that are included. If we make her one last payment is that going to look funny?

ANY help and information is appreciated!

Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
    Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
    Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

I know the accounts will be closed. I have no problem with that and don't expect them to stay open.

Best Buy is included but MIL doesn't know about the bk so she will still give us her last payment. I would rather pay it on the stove she used our card for than keep it (I'd feel weird) but I don't want it to hurt us in any way.

The other 2 we didn't include because when we first started talking to the lawyer there was nothing on them. They are both MAYBE $200. We used one to buy the kids summer clothes and the other for the lawn mower. We brought it up to the lawyer and he didn't really say anything about it. I know they will close the accounts, but it was all purchased about a month or so ago and I never had any intention of not paying them. I will still pay them even when the close the accounts.

Comment

you are supposed to include them in bk whether you intend to pay or not. it's a very small amount, so it probably doesn't matter, but they are actually dischargeable in bk.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I didn't include several small specialized cards in our bk either and I paid off one cc account completely. (Balance was under $125). Didn't matter because the credit matrix included them and they were all closed in the bk process anyway. Nothing was said by the trustee about the preferential payment I am guessing because the amount was so small. If it is important to you like it was me then do it. If the trustee asks then explain the circumstances of the MIL etc. I doubt it will ever get mentioned at your 341.
          Ch 7 filed: 3/30
          341: 5/12
          Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X