top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after repo, when can I cancel insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call your local tag office and explain your situation, call your insurance company and explain your situation.
    These places will give you your specific answer, no second guesses.
    Hopefully you can let the tags go on the repo because it's not uncommon to get charged to pick them up.
    Thats good to know, you don't want to pay $50 to pick up a set of tags you don't even need.

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
      What if you can't get something in writing from them? The wrecker company called today and said they'd come pick up dh's truck at 3 pm tomorrow. I want it gone but there's no way I can meet them. They are picking it up from my mom's and she won't be there either.
      Take your stuff out, take the tags off, cancel the insurance, call your tag office.

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
        3 plates for 1 vehicle? cornfused LOL! Hope the plate you have in posession is the most current. I would be heading to the DMV with that plate & see if they will accept that one. If not, call the repo company & ask them to take the plates off & leave them in their office & give them a date (earlier, the better) you will pick them up.

So glad Arkansas doesn't require you to turn in vehicle plates.

Luci
        P S Take your discharge papers with you to both the DMV & repo co.
        I got into a car accident about 10 years ago and the original front plate was damaged. I finally got around to requesting a new plate and the DMV sent me 2 instead of just one. I still have the damaged one, but I keep that for "sentimental reasons" (it was my first car). So technically I have 4, 1 damaged, one new and 2 on the car. CT requires both plates on it.

Anyway, I emailed my lawyer and he agreed with you. He said to go pick up the plates from the repo company and turn them into the DMV myself. I will probably pick them up tomorrow. And yes, I will have my discharge paperwork with me when I go to the DMV. Thanks!
        Filed Chpt 7: 3/20/09
        341 mtg: 4/29/09
        Discharge: 6/30/09

Comment

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
          Everyone else can do what they want.

I see a ton of paranoia here lately.
          I have to respectfully disagree with you on that last statement. I don't think that there is much paranoia going on. I think that the vast majority of people here are just trying to do the right thing. They want to have things go as smoothly as possible without any negative repercussions. If that means asking questions and gathering others experiences to help guide them in their journey then so be it.

Trying to do things within the laws of their state, for many people, is how they want to proceed with their affairs. BK is a scary, nerve wracking, intense and emotional time in our lives and having a place, like this forum, where a person can ask questions without bring judged is a wonderful thing.

From the tone of your posts, it seems that you don't like it when people don't immediately see things your way. I know your are just trying to help, but your impatience can rub some people the wrong way. Maybe it would help if you were a little more patient with people when they ask questions or just ignore their repeated requests.

We all just want our BK to go smoothly otherwise we wouldn't be seeking answers to our questions... we would just leave it all up to the attorneys.
          Southern District of Florida
          Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
          Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
          DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

Originally posted by Clover329 View Post
            I got into a car accident about 10 years ago and the original front plate was damaged. I finally got around to requesting a new plate and the DMV sent me 2 instead of just one. I still have the damaged one, but I keep that for "sentimental reasons" (it was my first car). So technically I have 4, 1 damaged, one new and 2 on the car. CT requires both plates on it.

Anyway, I emailed my lawyer and he agreed with you. He said to go pick up the plates from the repo company and turn them into the DMV myself. I will probably pick them up tomorrow. And yes, I will have my discharge paperwork with me when I go to the DMV. Thanks!
            Your Welcome! Glad I could be of some help. Filing Bk is taxing enough and then to have your car repoed while sleeping is enough to make me want to Scream LOL! Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by doingpoorly View Post
              I have to respectfully disagree with you on that last statement. .
              Ok, then.
              I still think that people need to realize the people that hold the answer to some questions are a phone call away.

Many times I've written replies and never hit the send button.

I'll just sit back and read, I think it's better for all of you. Sorry for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
                Ok, then.
                I still think that people need to realize the people that hold the answer to some questions are a phone call away.

Many times I've written replies and never hit the send button.

I'll just sit back and read, I think it's better for all of you. Sorry for everything.
                True, you can pick up the phone and call for an answer, after all, that is what those who are using lawyers have paid them for, but there can be so many reasons why calling isn't possible or convenient.

Sometimes just asking what has happened to those in similar circumstances and becoming more educated about the possible situations that their question presents is enough to make someone feel better.

I don't think sitting back and reading the forum is the best course of action for you. Sharing your questions and experiences in regards to bk are very much appreciated. The contributions of the many members of this forum are what makes this place a wonderful resource for all of us facing bk. I hope that you didn't think that I was suggesting that you discontinue participating.
                Southern District of Florida
                Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
                Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
                DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

Well I get this "hey tinfoilhat you're posting this and that and I don't agree with it, it's not right" too much. I don't see anyone else having this conversation. (or getting lectured(or whatever you want to call it)

Apparently no one likes my opinions. So I'll shut up.

That and if you seen the last thread I started, it kinda feels like I'm speaking a different language. I posted complete info yet people still ask questions (questions that could be answered by reading previous posts of mine in the thread) Makes me feel uncomfortable, I must be the outcast here. Theres something wrong with me ( I see reality too clearly, and express it)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X