341 over and done with!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 over and done with!!

So I was scheduled for the 4:00 group...little did I know when I got there that the trusee was way behind! I got there about 3:15 and was in the waiting room and in comes a lady I've never seen before calling my name and a few others. When I consulted with the attorney I specifically asked if they attended the 341 and she told me one of the 2 lawyers in the firm would attend. However they sent a stand-in. No biggie. I went in the room a little early just to listen. I started getting worried as time was going by, not because of the trustee but because I had to pick my son up by 5:30 and I was afraid I was not going to make it. He didn't start our group til 4:55! Luckily I was #4 in our group and made it on time.

Onto what I saw....he was very rough on the pro se filers. Not one of them had their petitions completed properly. You could tell he was already irritated due to the fact he was behind schedule and didn't seem to have any patience today. He continued all 5 of the pro se's there. There was pro se guy there, all he filed was a sched A & B! That's it! No other schedules. He practically ripped the guy a new one. Everyone I saw that had attorneys was pretty much cut & dry-out in 2 minutes.

With exception of one couple that did not speak English. He had to call the over the phone translator, and since some of the questions he asks are pretty wordy, she would have to ask him to repeat it again so she heard all of it. He had to repeat every question at least 2 times. Then the wife would not answer, she would just let the husband and answer. He told her 3-4 times that they both have to answer his questions. Their meeting took about 15 minutes.

Dress code....everyone was wearing jeans/t-shirts. I wore jeans and a blouse and heels and was probably the most dressed up person there. Even the attorneys were pretty casual.

He asked the standard questions of everyone. He did ask me one additional question that he did not ask anyone else...if I was still employed. Not sure why but I said yes, he said ok you're done. He didn't mention my large amount of debt or anything outside of the norm.

Filed 5/29/09
    Discharged 9/14/09

Cool. You were blessed by God. You have a story you could write a book about. I am so pleased it went well with you. Perhaps, when that big black cloud about your time limit came about, the silver lining hit upon you. Grats. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Ahh, so glad it went well...welcome to the 60 day club
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Glad it went well - I hope the next 60 days go even better for you!
        BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone, glad to be in the club finally!
          Filed 5/29/09
          Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Glad it went smooth for you. I have mine tomorrow morning and am just now beginning to get nervous. Can't wait to be in the 60-day club too.
            Retained attorney 4/14/09
            Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
            341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
            DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congrats. Mine is tomorrow on 9th. My Lawyer is not at all concerned. I am concerned because of some transctions I made from my account and selling assets when I was unemployed. Let us see how it goes.

Comment

My 341 was yesterday. It went smooooth, out in 2 minutes. The trustee never looked at us when he asked all the normal questions. I am not sure, but he may have been a robot. I was the #2 contestant, and he only had 60 more to get to. Must be a boring job.... When the proceeding started, he introduced himself and asked if there was anyone who objected to him being the trustee..... Now I have 2 reaffirmations that aren't even scheduled, so I'm just a waitin'.

Comment

Congrats to you ! I hope you have a smooth 60 days!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

mine was similar, but opposite. all the Pro Se filers had no problems, but alot of the ones with lawyers had big time problems. he continued every one that had problems, said he didnt have time(he did send one guy to the back of the line, last one to be taken, cuz his lawyer had forgotten the have his client fill out the form they have you fill out at the 341!). all of us Pro Se filers went back to back, me second to last. it went so well with us Pro Se filers, that the tt lightened up and was joking with people by the time it was my turn. mine took 2 min max., 26 days to go...

Comment

Mine was pretty much the same... I was the only Pro Se filer and had no problems. The rest of the people, about 8 of them, were with the same lawyer and dressed in jeans/t-shirt. I recommend dressing nicely/respectfully to give yourself that extra edge!

Comment

Whoops wrong place!
                          Filed 5/29/09
                          Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

i wore casual khakis/button shirt and i was one of the few better dressed! some wore shorts/tank top/flip-flops, some in dirty clothes, some like hookers, but most dressed way down. didnt seem to matter to tt.

Comment

I wish I would have worn flip flops!!! I wore heels and only had to walk 1 block to the building but after already walking 4 hours that day my feet were not happy.
                              Filed 5/29/09
                              Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X