IS THIS WHAT I think it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS THIS WHAT I think it is?

I officially filed on the 28th of June for C7. I was checking my credit report today and saw this:

DISCOVER FIN SVCS LLC-Current Closed
    No Phone Provided
    Mailing Address:
    PO BOX 15316
    WILMINGTON, DE 19850
    More Account Details

Account Name DISCOVER FIN SVCS LLC
    Account # 60110013XXXX
    Account Type Credit Card - Revolving Terms
    Balance $0.00
    Date Opened 7/1/2006

Account Status Closed

Mo. Payment
    Closed Account

Payment Status Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12

High Balance $7,648.00

Limit $7,400.00

Does this mean this has already been discarged by Discover ALREADY?
    This is quick if it is.............

Also, I have gotten NUMEROUS bills from COLLECTIONS agencies this week SINCE filing on the 28th of June. I thought they had to stop this?

It does look discharged doesn't it!

They do have to stop collection notices but most will say they weren't officially notified.

Good Luck to you!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

they shoudnt contacting you, let your lawyer know. my creditors also did the same thing, one did it within 2 wks of filing. i received notice showing my accts closed and my balances reduced to zero. i received my last one just a few days ago. im still about 1 month away from discharge date. im assuming they will not object if they have written loan off? i only had 3 creditors. i sent letters to one creditor that kept trying to collect after filing. there is a form letter on this site that i modified. it basiclly says they are in comtemp of court, any further contact will result in filing a complaint with the court and tt. it worked great, they stopped asap. i filed Pro Se so i had to do it myself, if you have a lwayer, hopefully they wiil fire off some letters for you. of course, collection scumbags can claim still no notice, or play the musical CA thing, where as soon as you give notice of BK, they pass the case along to another, and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by notadeadbeat View Post
        I officially filed on the 28th of June for C7. I was checking my credit report today and saw this:

DISCOVER FIN SVCS LLC-Current Closed
        No Phone Provided
        Mailing Address:
        PO BOX 15316
        WILMINGTON, DE 19850
        More Account Details

Account Name DISCOVER FIN SVCS LLC
        Account # 60110013XXXX
        Account Type Credit Card - Revolving Terms
        Balance $0.00
        Date Opened 7/1/2006

Account Status Closed

Mo. Payment
        Closed Account

Payment Status Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12

High Balance $7,648.00

Limit $7,400.00

Does this mean this has already been discarged by Discover ALREADY?
        This is quick if it is.............

Also, I have gotten NUMEROUS bills from COLLECTIONS agencies this week SINCE filing on the 28th of June. I thought they had to stop this?
        NO, this is not a discharge, per se. All it means is that they wrote you off. It does not mean you do not owe the money, it means that they are not going to pursue you. It is only one account and your bk discharge is the 'gold standard'. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I had collectors calling me that I hadn't heard from in years as soon as I filed. They got my current contact information from the petition notice. Stupid....
          12/05/08 - filed pro se
          01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
          04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
          6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X