top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made it through 341...thank you to everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it through 341...thank you to everyone!

I want to send out a big thank you to everyone who helped me with all of my questions with my Chapter 7 filing (pro se)! Because of your answers to my questions (and the other questions I read too) I made it through the 341 meeting with a complement from the Trustee on how well prepared I was and how thorough my papers were. I didn't think I was going to make it!

I left home with enough time to get to court an hour early.

Then I hit road construction.

And then I went to the wrong courthouse and used all my change in the parking meter there (The state courthouse was 201 W Broadway St. The Bankruptcy court is 201 E Broadway. Ugh.)

Got to the correct courthouse on time, and found change for the parking meter on the ground outside my car door (somebody's looking out for me!) got inside, and realized that my driver's license fell out of my pocket and is on the ground somewhere in or around the other courthouse somewhere (Yikes!). No time to go back! I tore apart my wallet and found my temporary paper license (will this work?). It did! (that person is still looking out for me!)

It was a little disheartening to watch the other filers that had attorneys there. There was a single lawyer representing about 8 clients there, and there were problems with all of the filings. On one case he couldn't speak to whether he had used the Montana or the California exemptions, leaving the Trustee baffled. I feel even better that I went pro se now.

I was the last filer, and my meeting was only 3 minutes; he asked if everything was correct, if I had made any transfers that I didn't list in my paperwork, and if I really don't have a car (I really don't, I use my wife's). That was it...he had to rush to a conference call since he is working on the Yellowstone Club bankruptcy (that one made national headlines it is such a mess).

60 days and counting!

...never did find that driver's license, though.

Yep somebody is looking out for you! Congrats on making it through your meeting!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

impressive! 'grats
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Wow!! Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club

And yes, someone is looking out for you
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)