Orthodontist/ braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orthodontist/ braces

Can I add a crediter after discharge? My kids braces come off in Oct I should be discharged in Aug. can this be discharged.

I don't think so not after discharge and I wouldn't add them before discharge either or they might not want to take the braces off without you paying in full.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

After discharge? No. Any debt incurred AFTER you file your petition is your responsibility.

I agree with "aces67", *if* you included the debt, the Ortho may not want to take the braces off!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Liz and Aces are right. The FILING DATE is the bright line in the sand to measure pre-petition debt and post petition debt.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

joh

we included our ortho on our petition ... but are continuing to pay.

we talked with them directly after filing, they offered to take the braces off or continue to see us as a patient with an 'understanding' that we will continue to pay

i suggest you run this past your attorney and then contact the ortho directly

Comment

Yes, our ortho's policy was that she would not remove the braces until we had a zero balance, so you're likely stuck with the bill.
            BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

I don't see any reason why another ortho couldn't continue care and eventually remove the braces if you were going to include debts to the original ortho in BK and weren't able to repay post-discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X