Here's a wild one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a wild one

Let me try to sum up my situation a neatly as I can.

-Family of 4
    -60,000 in ccard debt, some going 4 months delinquent.
    -no equity in house, 2 cars under the limit
    -no cash
    -un/self-employed with very low income (<10,000 total) for the last 8 months after 11 years of solid employment

Total no asset ch7, right?

Now the complication. My business just apparently pulled in three large projects that will occur over the next 4 months. Associated with these projects I will be at least passing about 95,000 through my DBA bank account, including around 60,000 in the next two months while all this is going on. I'll probably net around $45000 profit total from all these three projects by the time all is said and done. The business is very much feast and famine, and I doubt I will make much or any more this year so I really need that to live on. I considered trying to use that to buy my way out of debt, but then I could really be screwed, with literally no money to live on, but technically too high an income for county assistance even on healthcare.

What do you think? Is that money flowing around in there after filing going to cause problems? I have to think it would be a huge red flag, but I can certainly and honestly explain it, and provide invoices to show what the payments are for (freelancers working on the projects) and my expected profit. To make matters potentially worse, these are translators located in Europe, so payments to them are bank transfers overseas which has to be just dandy.

When I landed these I thought all my hard work and stress paid off, and saw a clear path out of debt and back to productivity and stability. Now I feel like perhaps the trap is going to stay closed on me.

I'm talking to a lawyer tomorrow, I just wondered if anyone has been in any kind of similar situation and can give additional perspective.

In the same boat

Please post after seeing the lawyer. Dh & I have the same business situation. It looks like there is a lot of money going through our business acct., but when all is said and done not much left to support a family of four.

Comment

I don't think it will be a problem for you. You can explain if you have to at your 341 that you do have some work coming in but it's likely to be the the only projects this year. This economy speaks for itself.

even if you net 45K you're under the median so taking that income into consideration is not going to affect you.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by nodollarsnomo View Post
        Please post after seeing the lawyer. Dh & I have the same business situation. It looks like there is a lot of money going through our business acct., but when all is said and done not much left to support a family of four.

So long as you have good documentation for the expenses associated with those receipts you'll have no problem.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

if all this will happen after filing, there is no reason why anyone would know or ask about it. also, if all you end up with is 45,000, you would still likely be under the median even if it did happen before you filed. so probably nothing to worry about.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I've got a lot of money flowing through my accounts now, and I'm not worried. Of course, I can account for where every penny comes from and where it goes. Complete with receipts for everything that is paid for with cash.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X