creditors meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creditors meeting

I am 90 percent sure I am filing chapter 7 next week. My only issue is that I am moving to Ireland in 19 days.

Has anyone heard of allowing anyone to miss the creditors meeting?

I have conflicting stories from different attnys.

I'm pretty sure you have to be there. You have to take an oath and prove your identity.

If you're fleeing the country why are you filing now?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I am not "fleeing" my inlaws live there. I guess I want to file b/c of moral issues and if we decide to come back in a few years and raise of triplets here instead of Ireland

Comment

I don't see anyone even saying "I'm going to file chapter7" and be filed in 19 days. As in the paperwork is done and turned in. It takes typically a month from filing to get to the 341 date.

Comment

I was in a similar situation last year when I decided to move to Denmark. I didn't quite know how my financial picture was going to pan out and I had a house under water. I consulted a few lawyers at the time about what to do with my house and most told me to just walk away since I would not be coming back to the US.

They also told me that if I had decided to file for bk that I was REQUIRED to be in the country for the meeting... so, you would have to mantain a valid homestead in the US and come back here for your meeting if you infact did that.

I ended up not walking away from stuff and muddling through my debts and then I got laid off from my job in Denmark and I had to come home!

So, you never know what's going to happen on the other side of the pond.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

you need to be there

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X