should i close this checking acct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i close this checking acct?

I DO NOT have auto pay, however, I do pay my cc's online. Do I need to worry that one of them can take money from my account unless I authorize it?

If your accounts are with the bank you bank with I was advised to change banks unless you absolutely know that you do not have a cross collateralization agreement in place on any credit line you have with them.
    That give them the right to take the payments from any accounts you may have.

Comment

i believe your correct and congrats on that discharge. my bank had nothing to do with my bk yet i paid all my bills from them online. they never attempted a charge other than what i authorized, but i wasnt on auto pay with any of them if that matters.

Comment

I would not not close any account. Just draw it down to a few bucks. Open a new one for your bill pay. Closing accounts at times may draw an interest not warranted. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          I would not not close any account. Just draw it down to a few bucks. Open a new one for your bill pay. Closing accounts at times may draw an interest not warranted. 'Hub
          I don't understand? What do you mean, don't close it but draw it down.

What is happening is that I'm going to start not paying the end of July. Not paying my cc's I mean. I will have about 7000.00 left in that checking account. If I don't have auto pay, do i have to worry that the cc's i've always paid online will draw money out of the account without my going online and authorizing them to do so?

None of them are with the bank the checking account is through, so cross colaterazation (sp?) is not what I'm worried about.

Comment

I paid my CC's online with my checking account and a creditor never tried to take an unauthorized payment and I went months without paying. I had all the major players too. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
            Filed 5/29/09
            Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X