No announcement yet.

Please help me with my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been four days since I posted something......strange. Yesterday was rough but made it through. Four years already.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Down to 19 days until our 341. I have a question.....it's been 18 days since we filed and not one thing has been filed to our case since the originial documents/pay stubs/mailing to notify us, etc. on 8/20/09. Is that normal?
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
        Down to 19 days until our 341. I have a question.....it's been 18 days since we filed and not one thing has been filed to our case since the originial documents/pay stubs/mailing to notify us, etc. on 8/20/09. Is that normal?
        There should be a notice that they mailed to the creditors on your matrix as well. This is what it is called on my pacer docket:

BNC Certificate of Mailing - Meeting of Creditors.

This was mailed out to all my creditors on my matrix about a week after I filed.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
          There should be a notice that they mailed to the creditors on your matrix as well. This is what it is called on my pacer docket:

BNC Certificate of Mailing - Meeting of Creditors.

This was mailed out to all my creditors on my matrix about a week after I filed.
          Yes, I have that......it was on 8/20/09 as well. Nothing since then.

Comment

Yes, I have that......it was on 8/20/09 as well. Nothing since then.
            That sounds right then. The only other things you would have at this point is if you took your second debt ed course or if some creditor was asking to be kept informed of all filings on your case.

Comment

That sounds right then. The only other things you would have at this point is if you took your second debt ed course or if some creditor was asking to be kept informed of all filings on your case.
              OK, so it's normal not to really be seeing anything at this point. I still have heard nothing about taking any courses, so I am still working with the notion that Louisiana does not have a pre 341 requirement.

Comment

OK, so it's normal not to really be seeing anything at this point. I still have heard nothing about taking any courses, so I am still working with the notion that Louisiana does not have a pre 341 requirement.
                You just made it under the wire in regards to the debtor's course! Here is what I found on the US Trustees website:

"The waiver of the debtor education requirement for bankruptcy filers in the Eastern District of Louisiana will be terminated effective September 16, 2009. Individuals filing for bankruptcy relief on or after that date are required to fulfill the debtor education requirement in order to receive a bankruptcy discharge."

So it looks like you do not have to take the course.

Comment

You just made it under the wire in regards to the debtor's course! Here is what I found on the US Trustees website:

"The waiver of the debtor education requirement for bankruptcy filers in the Eastern District of Louisiana will be terminated effective September 16, 2009. Individuals filing for bankruptcy relief on or after that date are required to fulfill the debtor education requirement in order to receive a bankruptcy discharge."

So it looks like you do not have to take the course.
                  Yeah she told us about the September 16th thing, and now that I think about I think it was because of Katrina.

Comment

Question:

I got my insurance settlement from damage to my roof from Hurricane Gustav. My mortgage company is refusing to endorse the check so that I can get a new roof until I sign the re-affirmation agreement with them. Kind of sounds like blackmail, but they may be within the law to do so. Is this something that they can do? The roof needs to be changed immediately as we have already had some water leakage due to it. Seems to me like if something happens because they refuse to let me get the new roof that they should be liable, but who knows!!!

Anyone have any ideas on this kind of situation?

P.S. Everyone knew about this in advance, I included it on my petition that I was expecting an insurance settlement from Gustav.

Comment

Question:

I got my insurance settlement from damage to my roof from Hurricane Gustav. My mortgage company is refusing to endorse the check so that I can get a new roof until I sign the re-affirmation agreement with them. Kind of sounds like blackmail, but they may be within the law to do so. Is this something that they can do? The roof needs to be changed immediately as we have already had some water leakage due to it. Seems to me like if something happens because they refuse to let me get the new roof that they should be liable, but who knows!!!

Anyone have any ideas on this kind of situation?

P.S. Everyone knew about this in advance, I included it on my petition that I was expecting an insurance settlement from Gustav.
                      I'd probably ask your lawyer about this. It sounds like it is probably a violation provided you paid up during the period in which the original claim was made but I couldn't say for sure.
                      Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

E-mailed them....paralegal thinks they can do this, she forwarded it to my attorney for an answer. If I didn't love the house so much I swear I would let it rain in here and then change my mind on keeping it.

The temporary fixes seem to be holding, but it's a chance I'd rather not be taking.

Comment

Down to single digit days until my 341......only 9 days to go.

Comment

Wow I cannot believe it is now 60 hours away. Yikes....I can't lie and say I am not a little nervous. Not about the process or anything like that, just afraid I am run into a snag or the TT is going to want to pick on me for some reason. The last few years have just been rough and it seems like nothing goes right for us.

I haven't heard a word from anyone, no filings on my record since my lawyer filed and not a word from my lawyer except questions I had about other things. I assume she will be there, well I know she will be but no pre-341 meeting to discuss things with me although they did give us a list of about 50 possible questions the TT will ask.

At least LSU is 3-0 and the Saints are 2-0!

Comment

Dang, where is my support I am freaking out here!

Comment

Dang, where is my support I am freaking out here!
                                It will get worse the night before, and then you will be there and it will go by quickly.

Even when my trustee was grilling me, it still went by quickly, and wasn't that bad because I was prepared. You are super prepared. Your 341 is not going to be an issue.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X