Citi Cards Now Want to Cut a Deal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi Cards Now Want to Cut a Deal....

I have 3 accounts with CiTi Cards, a total of about $27,000 combined. They like all of them hiked my interest to 29%, lowered my credit limit and helped forced me into filing a BK 7 (will be filed on 7-23).

Got a call from them this morning....have not made a payment now in 4 months because of the rising interest etc and now they say to me.."We are willing to cut you a deal"! We will settle these accounts and give you a letter of payment in full if you agree to pay us $13,000. Being in a playful mood this morning, I say to them....well how about $10,000....he puts me on hold and says...OK, when can we expect payment so we can start the payment paperwork?

I chuckeled to him and said "Where were you when I called 3 months ago and asked for some help in trying to work with me with my problems and only wanted reduced payments and a reinstatement of my former % rate"? At that time you informed me that there was nothing you could do, but now that you are aware that a BK is looming, you are willing to help me now? I told him, no thanks, your Company greed as helped cause this action on my part and now you are going to get nothing, and then I hung up on him.

What games they play to the detrament of their customers.

I will be filing on July 23, 2009!

BooBoo

Same think happened to me. They did nothing to help, then called me to settle a week before I filed. Thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by booboo View Post
      I have 3 accounts with CiTi Cards, a total of about $27,000 combined. They like all of them hiked my interest to 29%, lowered my credit limit and helped forced me into filing a BK 7 (will be filed on 7-23).

Got a call from them this morning....have not made a payment now in 4 months because of the rising interest etc and now they say to me.."We are willing to cut you a deal"! We will settle these accounts and give you a letter of payment in full if you agree to pay us $13,000. Being in a playful mood this morning, I say to them....well how about $10,000....he puts me on hold and says...OK, when can we expect payment so we can start the payment paperwork?

I chuckeled to him and said "Where were you when I called 3 months ago and asked for some help in trying to work with me with my problems and only wanted reduced payments and a reinstatement of my former % rate"? At that time you informed me that there was nothing you could do, but now that you are aware that a BK is looming, you are willing to help me now? I told him, no thanks, your Company greed as helped cause this action on my part and now you are going to get nothing, and then I hung up on him.

What games they play to the detrament of their customers.

I will be filing on July 23, 2009!

BooBoo
      LOL This story is so funny to me. Because the same exact thing happened to me. With Bank Of America, once I told them I was planning on filing BK and would have a case number ready for them by the end on the week. The young lady goes we can settle for 25% of the balance owed on the card. I LOL and said no thank you. I was trying to work with them months before I filed BK. They all told me N-O couldn't help, jacked my interest rate up, Freezed my checking account (a mess). Once they see you aren't going to be broke trying to pay them anymore and you just stop. They want to cut a deal. LOL A little to late can we say!

Comment

LOL just got a letter from ChittiBank saying how wonderful it is that I now qualify for reduced interest and no late fees. What a bunch of morons in charge of these banks. They will get nothing from me.
        7-2-2009 Filed
        8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
        10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I've had the same experience with BofA, Citi and Chase. When I gave Amex my attorney's phone number, they said they would be sorry to loose us as customers because we had been such great customers since 1989. I said, well you didn't think about that when you were jacking my interest rate around and tightening that noose around my neck.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X