Audit in Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audit in Chapter 7

When does audit happens in Chapter 7 case before or after discharge?. What do audit look for in case?. Now, I am in the 60 day club and nervous about this because I heard that audit can revoke the discharge and send you to jail. Can audit happen after case closed?.

i don't know anything about audits, but nothing can revoke a discharge and send you to jail unless fraud is found and the case gets re-opened based on actual details about that fraud. and you don't go to jail unless fraud is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

so i don't know where you heard that, but it makes no sense.

also, i think all the people who got audited and posted here were audited even before their 341.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I asked the same question and I was told that you get picked for audit before your 341. Its a random thing.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

In my case, the UST selected my case for aduit one day after the 341. If the audit finds any miststatements or other items that need explaning, they are required to send you a written notice and give you the opportunity to explain prior to filing their report with the UST.
        Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

That's a great news then. I do not have any receipts if they come for audit. I am already done with my 341 and I see a report of no Distribution by the trustee.

Comment

Originally posted by aljohnson007 View Post
            In my case, the UST selected my case for aduit one day after the 341. If the audit finds any miststatements or other items that need explaning, they are required to send you a written notice and give you the opportunity to explain prior to filing their report with the UST.
            So looks like what i heard is correct. 1 in 250 cases will be picked up for auditing.

Comment

Originally posted by bkfdrusa View Post
              When does audit happens in Chapter 7 case before or after discharge?. What do audit look for in case?. Now, I am in the 60 day club and nervous about this because I heard that audit can revoke the discharge and send you to jail. Can audit happen after case closed?.

where did you hear that?
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                where did you hear that?
                You can search for audit in chapter 7 on google and you will find so many links.

Comment

Originally posted by bkfdrusa View Post
                  You can search for audit in chapter 7 on google and you will find so many links.
                  I realize I can do my own research. I wanted to know where you did your research.
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I heard from somebody and I did a search in google.

Comment

Dumb question, is the audit just looking at the paperwork or do they come to your residence and check to see if you have what you say you have and nothing more?

Comment

Originally posted by flower04 View Post
                        Dumb question, is the audit just looking at the paperwork or do they come to your residence and check to see if you have what you say you have and nothing more?
                        Nobody is going to come to your house to check what you have?. You just have to be honest. The audit is going to look at your bank statements, paperwork etc..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X