Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st car repair w/o C.C

That was a bummer, 350$ for brakes It was a blessing that I had the cash
    there was no warning that they were going.

I feel pretty fortunate to be mechanically inclined. I do most of my car work and it has saved me THOUSANDS.

Comment

Ouch! I'm glad you had the money put back though.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

It's rough not having those CC's to fall back on. The day after I filed my car battery decided to die, I was fortunate enough to have the cash for a new one. Then today I hit a pothole and end up with a flat tire that cannot be repaired. Little did I know that when I bought my tires last year I bought the warranty so I don't have to pay for a new tire, just the environmental fee. That was a big relief. Get to drive around on a spare in the meantime since they had to order it.
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by bankruptsee View Post
          I feel pretty fortunate to be mechanically inclined. I do most of my car work and it has saved me THOUSANDS.
          Me too. There should be a national club to help each other out in a time of need. Maybe us BKers could barter for repairs and such. My last brake job cost about $35, took me about 30 minutes.
          6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
          10/06/2009 Discharged
          01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

I needed new front brakes on my car but had no credit card to put the charges on, I had to wait till pay day last week. Although I've been on a cash-only basis for over a year, the only time I miss my credit cards is for the UNEXPECTED emergencies that happen. My dryer broke down right before Xmas and I still don't have the $$ to replace/repair it (it's only 1 year old too!)...ugh!

I wish I was more "mechanically inclined"...
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X