Had 341, have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341, have some questions

I had my 341 on 7/6. Everything went smooth I thought until the trustee asked of there were any creditors.... Indeed there was. One guy came up, he was the attorney for my credit union. He asked some questions about a vehicle i had stolen in 2007, i answered them, he asked about my last name change and when I did it, I told him when and that the credit union was fully aware of the name change as i went down and provided them will all of the court documents so they could change my accounts. He went on to say that he had a bunch of questions and asked my attorney if he would be opposed to a "2004", my attorney said no problem and we left and had lunch. The entire thing took all of maybe 15 minutes.

Im curious as to what a 2004 is and why this guy wanted it. From what I can gather from searching on this forum, it's basically like a one on one 341 meeting but more indepth between you and that specific creditor. Since the 341, we've not heard from that attorney again at all so im not sure if he has changed his mind or what. Is there a certain time frame he has to request this before we move forward toward discharge?
    Filed 6/4/09
    341 7/6/09
    Discharged 9/23/09

"vehicle you had stolen"....? you mean stolen FROM you right?

CU's are pretty clueless, I doubt you hear from them again. Probably their attorney wants to pad his bill.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

A 2004 is an inquiry into funds usually paid outside of the bankruptcy like "insider payments", preferential payments.

We had one and made a compromise to a payback. Ours was with a Trustee's lawyer, in his own office. It was only tape recorded and he asked questions. I guess we did OK as we are now discharged and in the process of closing.

It is nothing to fear as long as you are honest, find out what they wish to know, and bring all your background stuff.

BTW, what did you get for the stolen car? I'm in need of some cheap car parts. LOL. 'Hub
      Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks for the input! And yes, I meant a vehicle that was stolen from me with no insurance coverage mind so i was still paying for that vehicle up until the BK (had been paying the note for over a year after it was stolen).
        Filed 6/4/09
        341 7/6/09
        Discharged 9/23/09

Comment

LOL sorry but i read that too like you stole a car, i just pictured you in the 341 meeting trying to explain that.

Thanks for the smile

Congrats on your meeting it sounds like it went well.

our trustee seemed to ask everyone 1 different questions. Ours was about a cash only business that we tried to start last year that failed. It seemed like he was just trying to see peoples reactions to see if they are nervous or not.

Comment

Was your stolen car ever recovered?
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X