Another question about listing assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question about listing assets

My attorney has requested I get my list together with values of all our belongings. He stated it must be detailed and itemized. I have some questions on what to put and the values. Do I list items even like curling irons, hair clippers, cat carrier, etc. Also, what would I put for a value of dvd's and cd's? When I had a yard sale last year the dvd's were selling for for $2.00-3.00. And my cd's were selling for $1.00-$2.00. Is that fair? (Note: my husband has over 3,000 cd's...which could add up to alot of money...and I don't really want that).
    370K Secured Debt / 53K Unsecured Debt
    Ch 7 Filed 08/31/09
    341 on 10/07/09
    Last day to object 12/07/09 - Discharged 12/28/09

since your attorney is the one asking for it, he is the only one who can explain how much detail he wants. i don't think he'll end up putting all the details in your petition, but he probably wants to know everything so he can file an accurate petition.

imho, anything that's worth, say, $15 or less shouldn't even be listed. that said, i don't know if each CD/DVD is an item (less than $10 obviously) or the whole collection is (more than $10).
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Use flea market, yard sale prices. And you can group in categories: i.e., Assorted music CDs--Approximate value: $5.00. Assorted personal hygene tools, brushes, comb, toothbrushes, etc.: Approximate value: $10.00.

Your attorney may be telling you to be detailed because of his knowledge of the trustees in your district. But no one really cares how many knives and forks you have, or even if they match.

Here is a thread on the subject from last year:

Don't use eBay. They tend to be too high on certain things. Trust the prices at yard sales and flea markets in your area. If you see an item that is similar to yours, but you wouldn't buy because you think the price to high, then price your item accordingly.

Good luck.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I suspect your attorney wants you to be thorough. I can't believe he wants to know how many cd's in the stereo cabinet or how many rolls of toilet paper in the hall closet.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Just do the best you can. If your Attorney is anything like mine, he's going to massage the numbers to what your trustee will allow anyway.
          No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X