Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMAC locked me out.

Hey everyone,

I went online to make my car payment today and could not access my account they received notice of my Chapter 7.

I called the 800 number they told me that I would no longer be mailed a statement because I was in bankruptcy.

All my payments are current.

The agent gave me a new address to mail the payment to.

I have no intention of reaffirming on my car or my house.

My question is:

How long will they have me locked out of my account?

Will I have access again when I'm discharged?

Will I ever receive a statement from them again?

Will the people who hold my house note (Chase) do the same thing?

This kind of really ticked me off.
    It's going to be a little more difficult trying to remember to make the payment on time.

What will happen if the payment shows up a day or two past the due date because of the mail?

Are they gunning to take the car back?

Do all the same payment rules still apply like the 10 day grace period or if it's three or for days past the due date are they going to set me up for a repo?

These people have me worried not sure what to do about this.
    Filed July 7,2009
    341 August 24,2009 (completed)
    Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
    Case closed 10-29-2009

They will keep you locked out until you are discharged. After that you will start to get statements again and you'll be able to pay online again. I hate that part of it too. I've always paid my bills online. It's just so much cheaper and easier.

My mortgage company still bills me but there are no figures on the statement and it clearly says THIS IS NOT A BILL. It just has a due date on it and that's it.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

This is normal. Due to the Stay by the BK court they cannot attempt to collect the debt which includes sending a bill and almost universally they shut off online access.

If you have a calender call them up and ask the due date and amount that you need to send (or use an old bill). You'll have to talk to the bankruptcy departments. Mark these on the calender. Put it on the fridge. Best way I think.

Without reaffirmation I'm not sure you'd ever get online access back but after discharge and close of the case they would send you bills again I'm pretty sure.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Use your Bill Pay from your checking account. Usually with large firms you can set a bill to be paid for tomorrow if you do early in the morning. It sure beats snail mail as a check could get lost or sit on someone's desk in the BK dept.

We are filing 9/30/09. After I make the house payment on the 1st, I'm going to call the Customer Service phone number and ask to speak to the BK dept and get the BK's correct address & will change the address in my Bill Pay Website. I will be doing the same thing with dh's truck payment due on the
        17th.

That one of so many little items I've learned from reading posts on this forum. You will get your access again. They are just following the Law.

Luci

Comment

The car is just really inconvenient now trying to remember to make it on time.

It's not so bad with the house as I go to the local branch to make the payment because it's close by so it's no big deal to me.

But I have no place local to make the car payment oh well it's only about 3 or 4 months to put up with.(I Hope)
          Filed July 7,2009
          341 August 24,2009 (completed)
          Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
          Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

Chase Bank will not accept mortgage payments at the local branch during bk- already tried. They won't even accept default payments. You have to mail it to the bk payment address.
            Filed Ch. 7 on 6/1/09
            341 Meeting on 6/30/09
            Awaiting discharge...

Comment

My first mortgage is with GMAC and I just checked and still have full on line access. My HELOC is with Wells and they have locked my account. They said that I can't make payment except in the branch or over the phone. They used to auto deduct from my checking with them, but I've heard Wells is the worst.
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

This is not only normal it's the law. The have a stay in place and they are not supposed to contact you.
                And they will not send you statements or allow you online access again until your case is closed. Note that I said closed not discharged.
                I am going through the same thing with Toyota right now. My case is not yet closed. It's just a paperwork clean up and it's all done.
                And I pay mine online via my bank, it's an electronic transfer. I just sent it to the same old account number. Believe me, they have never complained a bit, they just take that regular payment.

Comment

I'll do that for them. The problem with a HELOC is that the payment fluctuates monthly. Wells sent me a letter asking for permission to forward statements still. I've sent it off to my attorney.
                  Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                  341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                  Discharged: 11/30/2009
                  Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

We are locked out of our 1st and 2nd mortgage online, my banks billpay doesn't have our first mortgages Bk dept in their system, (WAMU/Chase), so they mail the check too. Unfortunately I didn't know this, so for the first time in 10 yrs our payment ended up being late. I hate not having online access! We did speak with the first mortgage co and were told we can go back on auto pay as soon as the bk is over, and online payments will also be available. I am so glad!

We only have 2 more payments until our discharge date and then I will be back to online payments.

We receive statements from both 1st and 2nd (citimortgage) both have no amounts, just this is for informational purposes only.....
                    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Keep in mind as stated It's not just discharged, your case has to be closed too before they can send you bills and such
                      Nice looking Pug by the way, I used to have a couple girls and they each had two litters before we fixed them.
                      Many of the pups went the show route which I was never interested in.
                      I sold one pup to Mike Holmgren just as he made head coach of the Green Bay Packers years ago. They used to send me pix of the dog which I am sure has passed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                        Keep in mind as stated It's not just discharged, your case has to be closed too before they can send you bills and such
                        Nice looking Pug by the way, I used to have a couple girls and they each had two litters before we fixed them.
                        Many of the pups went the show route which I was never interested in.
                        I sold one pup to Mike Holmgren just as he made head coach of the Green Bay Packers years ago. They used to send me pix of the dog which I am sure has passed by now.

Thanks for the reminder. We actually have 3 pugs, the one you see is my boy. Mr Magoo, he was my Mother's day present 3 yrs ago. He was a surprise too! Best gift I ever got! He is still all boy, we have bred him once, and got Skadoo, his son. Magoo has papers, Skadoo doesn't, his mom wasn't registered. Our oldest is Puggles, she is registered, fixed and 8 yrs old. Love finding pug families, they are a unique bred, but as far as I am concerned, they are the best bred!
                        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Just couch potatoes for sure.
                          We live in a rental now and pets are tough here.
                          And we are retired and starting to travel a little as time and money permits.
                          I will have another someday, not just now though.
                          I hate leaving animals with anyone else. We used to travel with an RV so it was no problem. Now it's motels and that can get rough at times.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X