Need help with means test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with means test

Hi..I'm trying to see if I qualify for Ch. 7.. I make over the standard amount so I'm trying to complete the rest of the form.

When I divorced years ago, it was part of the divorce decree that me and my ex would split college expenses for our daughter. She is in her last year of college but we both have been paying approx 300 a month for dorm/tuition. Could this be included in line 28 (court ordered payments)?

Also I have a loan from my 401(k) been paying 300 a month for approx a year, I have a year left on that. It is not optional, I have to pay it back. I could stretch out the payments, but I wonder could this go on line 44 (payment on pre-petition priority claims)?.. this is not contributions, but paying back of a loan.

If I cannot include at least one of these two, I don't think I will pass the means test.

Thanks in advance for reading.

i am pretty sure you can include the divorce decree payments. about the 401(k) i just don't know.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Means Test Calculator

http://www.legalconsumer.com/bankrup...ddletown%2C+NY.

I hope this link above works if not, just visit the website below.

Legalconsumer.com

I am not sure what line those debts go on but the 401k is a mandatory payment. I think they both are
      Last edited by cinderella; 07-16-2009, 03:55 AM. Reason: error

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X