need advice on my car !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice on my car !!!

I just got off the phone with my Attorney 's legal assistant. He asked me for the 2and time, what i plan on doing with my cars ? I told him that I'm keeping both, then he said that i would have to reaffirm them. Now I don't understand, why would i need to do that if I'm current on BOTH Cars ? do i even need to reaffirm or can i just do a ride threw ? could someone please explain the process to me !!

Good news... I will have my case number by the end of the day

Also :: whats the differance between reaffirm and redeem ?
    Last edited by RainMoM; 07-16-2009, 06:37 AM.
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

If he's saying you need to reaffirm, your area does not allow a 'ride-through'.

Redeem is, getting you lender to agree for a lessor, or current market value.
    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

if you have to do a reaffirm, does anything change ? e.i. car payment amount ? I pay a total of $405.00 a month for BOTH .. I really don't want anything to change
      Filed on 7-17-09
      waiting for 341
      341 meeting 8-21-09
      discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
        if you have to do a reaffirm, does anything change ? e.i. car payment amount ? I pay a total of $405.00 a month for BOTH .. I really don't want anything to change
        The only thing that would change is you remain responsible for the debt after BK if you reaffirm.

Your attorney may be telling you you need to CHOOSE reaffirm on your schedules not necessarily that you have to reaffirm. People change their mind all the time after they file.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X