Discharged and closed 90th day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged and closed 90th day

Finally I received my discharge and says case closed as well. I am relieved it is over. Thanks to all who have helped me!

It is NOT a fresh start for me since I still have 40k in student loans and decided to keep paying on the car. The car was discharged so at least I still have it while I pay. How can I see what was discharged on pacer?

I have been working without pay since July 1st and honestly this is stressing me almost more than the bankruptcy.

I have no idea when I will get paid again even though I am working 40 hrs a week and I will be fired if I do not show up to work. Very scary since I have no credit cards or anything to live on

How do you know you're going to get paid for this free work?
    I've seen some other posts of yours. I think I'd leave but thats just me I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post

It is NOT a fresh start for me since I still have 40k in student loans and decided to keep paying on the car. The car was discharged so at least I still have it while I pay.
      I have to agree sometimes. It is pretty amazing how some people try to shove the 'fresh start' crap down peoples throat when post BK can leave people in a nightmare of problems. You do have your car and at least it is a little better for you than it was before, I hope.

Comment

Congrats on your discharge!!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats on your discharge!!! I hope they pass their budget and start paying you soon!
          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

inpain, i jumped for joy when i saw the title of your post. congratulations!!

please take a few moments just to enjoy your discharge!! life is hard, so any reason to be joyful should be savored. so just stop for a moment and smell the roses. enjoy it for a while without thinking about the rest of the troubles.

is it possible for you to search for another job that actually pays? without telling your current boss, of course?
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
              How do you know you're going to get paid for this free work?
              I've seen some other posts of yours. I think I'd leave but thats just me I guess.

Thanks! I wish I could leave but there are not too many jobs around right now. I have no idea when I will be paid again. Tomorrow will be day 20 working without pay. I wish they would just lay me off instead of torturing me and forcing me to work for free.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                inpain, i jumped for joy when i saw the title of your post. congratulations!!

please take a few moments just to enjoy your discharge!! life is hard, so any reason to be joyful should be savored. so just stop for a moment and smell the roses. enjoy it for a while without thinking about the rest of the troubles.

is it possible for you to search for another job that actually pays? without telling your current boss, of course?
                thanks!!

Comment

inpain glad to see this thread. I hope that CA comes to their senses and starts paying state employees. Congrats on your discharge. It may not be clear sailing for you but at least it gives you a little breathing room. Once the paychecks return maybe your situation won't appear so dismal. Best wishes.
                  Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                  341: 5/12
                  Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Inpain;

We do believe in the "new start" stuff as we lost more than many, including health due to our enemy and the destruction of three jobs.

We now are practicing our new start with a different approach to spending and a slower life style.

Your health is everything, believe me on this. We still have plenty of troubles too, but we decide to make every day worth living. God's gift to us is every day we get. Our gift to God is how we use it".

It has always been my credo, "Happiness is a state of mind. You chose daily to be happy or depressed." I chose to be happy.

Your life has improved you must concede to that. I read a post today that could not be believed unless the person could be compared to Jobe in the Bible.

There is always someone worse off. Not that it makes you feel better knowing that but, be pleased with what you have and have accomplished. Things will get better. There is no debtor's prison, even for student loans and they cannot garnish wages not paid.

May I, perhaps later, give you your hamster dance? 'Hub and Mrs. C
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

angelinacat & 'hub, it is my personal belief that hamsters delayed is hamsters denied. so i would vote for hamsters for inpain66 right away.

of course my vote here does not really count, it's up to you and/or inpain66.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

music12: You are absolutley correct. Even though inpain66 still has 40K in student loans and no paying job, you STILL have to take a break and give yourself a good laugh and pat on the back. You've made it this far. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sooooooooooooooooooo, inpain66, here you go:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                          angelinacat & 'hub, it is my personal belief that hamsters delayed is hamsters denied. so i would vote for hamsters for inpain66 right away.

of course my vote here does not really count, it's up to you and/or inpain66.
                          EVERYONE counts here. Your opinion is as important as anyones and should be respected. It does not have to be agreed with, only respected. I do agree with you, and Mrs. setting beside me agrees also.

This is a very special VICTORY DANCE for 'Inpain', as even anonymous, we love her and pray for all.

So Ms. 'inpain' the pain will subside in time. Congratulations as the healing is in progress and you have people who care.

GRATS 2 U

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congrats on the discharge

Sorry to hear about the job situation .

Have you and your fellow employees through about calling a strike? Is there a State Employees Union you might be a member of? Perhaps the Union could help out if you are a member.

There are several states that don't have budgets yet, including mine
                            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Thanks everyone! The video was cute. The discharge does feel good. Life without credit will be a challenge but I plan on living this way forever now!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X