top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wachovia never put account in bankruptcy..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wachovia never put account in bankruptcy..?

I filed bankruptcy 03/2009 and at that time I had my mortgage about a year. I've never been even a day late on the payments, and expected Wachovia to send a reaffirmation agreement. (My attorney said they would) Well, they never have and my bankruptcy was discharged the other day 07/14/2009 (yay) But now I'm wondering is it bad that they never sent anything? They never suspended online access to my mortgage or online payments, and it still reports on my credit report as "pays as agreed" with the current balance as of 06/2009 (just checked it today). Does this mean they didn't log in my bankruptcy notice or something? Anyone ever experienced this before? I know they were listed on the creditors list and in the schedules for sure, it's the only loan I have with Wachovia...Thanks in advance!

Don't poke that sleeping giant. Paid as agreed is the absolute best notation to have.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I agree just keep paying as agreed. It sounds like they didn't file your BK notice. They probably overlooked it.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

or you will get it at a later date.

Comment

I would be worried if they didn't get the bk info. Incase you someday want to walk away from the home. We also didn't get any papers from our first mortgage holder. I would have to check our CR to see how thye have it listed.
          I thin as long as it is listed in the bk they cannot do anything.
          FILED CH7: 03/20/09
          341: May 11th, 2009
          DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

Mine is the same as the OP My credit report shows current Everything
            is as if they did not know. I'm at day 55 so my 60 days are up the 27th.
            I would reaffirm but if no paper come I'm fine with that too.

Comment

am i naive enough to think that if the OP included Wach in the BK, and they didnt do anything.

That A) he is no longer bound by the security deed

B) b/c he is no longer legally bound by the security deed, that on a future date he could walk with no reprocussion

and C) if he pays as agreed there is no way for them to acclerate the debt and call the note due

or hell even D) if he stops paying, is he even bound by the term of the note? could it be remotely possible, he could stop paying them and they couldnt do anything about it????

Comment

Originally posted by MARKETSACRIFICE View Post

or hell even D) if he stops paying, is he even bound by the term of the note? could it be remotely possible, he could stop paying them and they couldnt do anything about it????
                nope. they can always foreclose.
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X