Where are the hamsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the hamsters?

We got a letter from our attorney today. Saying they received a copy of our bk discharge by e-mail. That we should receive our discharge by mail soon.

The odd thing is he says there is a slight possibility of the Trustee raising an issue for closer examination by the BK court. He continues to say.. assuming this does not happen, your bk is now completed.

Doesn't discharge mean the TT is finished with your case? I know the 60days was for the creditors. Doesn't the TT discharge it and then when the court is done the close it?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Well the discharge is the end. The close is wrapping lose ends (clerical stuff). I'm not pleased with the lawyer's remark. Do you have a PACER account? If so, your discharge will be there before your lawyer gets it. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

In good faith, I shall wake up the old hamsters (they have been worked to death). Now if this does not 'pan out', understand I'll have to kill those buggers for malfeasance.

So, a one and a two....go:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

That is odd. If you don't have a PACER account you may want to get one so you can keep an eye on it.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Well the discharge is the end. The close is wrapping lose ends (clerical stuff). I'm not pleased with the lawyer's remark. Do you have a PACER account? If so, your discharge will be there before your lawyer gets it. 'Hub
          See thats what I figured. Not sure why our attorney said that. Is there any time the TT can reopen the case?
          I was really good and never started a PACER account.

Comment

A PACER account is not expensive if you do not become compulsive. $0.
            08 cents a page and you can save the pages to your hard drive to look back.

I'm skeptical about what you said (about what the lawyer said), as you noticed. If you trust a Moderator, PM AngelinaCat, with your last name and last four digits of your SS. She will look you up and PM you back. 'Hub

Edit: Also mention the State and region of the Court.
            Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 07-17-2009, 03:58 PM. Reason: Add on

Comment

There is a notation in Pacer that they do not send a bill for anything owed less than $10 per quarter. That's quite a bit of viewing you can do on their nickle without actually having to pay Pacer. I now check every Friday in hopes of finding news about our discharge. Sadly another Friday without news.
              Ch 7 filed: 3/30
              341: 5/12
              Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

willbfree, you are no longer in the 60 day club, you are now in the 60+ day club!!

for all your fridays until this one, no news was excellent news.

now it's time for good news.

btw, you can check pacer for "last filing date" without paying anything; if the last filing date hasn't changed, just don't click on the docket or status. that way, you can go for twice a week now that you *want* news...
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                  willbfree, you are no longer in the 60 day club, you are now in the 60+ day club!!

for all your fridays until this one, no news was excellent news.

now it's time for good news.

btw, you can check pacer for "last filing date" without paying anything; if the last filing date hasn't changed, just don't click on the docket or status. that way, you can go for twice a week now that you *want* news...
                  HEY! I didn't know that. Thanks. 'Hub

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    HEY! I didn't know that. Thanks. 'Hub
                    yup! you can tell if you are being charged, because if you are, the page would show at the bottom a receipt that 8 cents were charged. if it doesn't show that, then you aren't being charged. when i check just my case number and see the last filing date, there is no receipt. therefore, i'm not being charged.

but, on second thought, that might vary district to district...
                    filed ch7 May 09
                    341 june 09

Comment

We got the paper today from the courts...

It appears the debtors are entitled to a discharge,

IT IS ORDERED:

the debtors are granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, US code (the bk code)

Dated July 13th, 2009

So do they send a paper when it is closed?

Comment

Ok just read this on the back side...

This court order grants a discharge to the persons named as debtor. It is not a dismissal of the case. It does not determine how much money, if any, the trustee will pay to creditors.

Why does their wording always sound like it is not over yet?

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                          Ok just read this on the back side...

This court order grants a discharge to the persons named as debtor. It is not a dismissal of the case. It does not determine how much money, if any, the trustee will pay to creditors.

Why does their wording always sound like it is not over yet?
                          They are all lawyers!!!!! 'Hub

Comment

i think it's over as far as you are concerned. if there were assets, the trustee would distribute to the creditors. if you are a no-asset case, the closing will come any day now.
                            filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                              i think it's over as far as you are concerned. if there were assets, the trustee would distribute to the creditors. if you are a no-asset case, the closing will come any day now.
                              That's what i figure. but it just hasn't felt yet like it over and done with. I thought i would feel relief once we got discharged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X