Scared, Confused On My Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared, Confused On My Bankruptcy

I got myself not to deep into debt, but enough to file for Bankruptcy...

I haven't paid on any of my credit card bills in over 2 years, and the reason I filed was because I got sued by one of the companies.

I also recently lost my job, and it sucks cause I only got about $450 cash in my hand.

I got two weddings I'm in and I need to rent tuxes at over $100/piece, and I need to put my dog in a kennel for a week for one of the weddings....

Will the trustee look at this?

Also what are the exemption rules in Ohio?

I don't own a house, a car, but do own 1 eletric guitar, and one acoustic, and a class ring. Also some bobbleheads, knick knacks, that sort of thing...

I have a lawyer but he's not in on the weekends....

Can I waive my bankruptcy fee and the stupid $50 fee for the classes due to the weddings?

I am only 24, and made a few mistakes with my cards, but have not used credit in over 2 years.....

I am not even sure how much I owe on the cards now, I did get a credit report but all my accounts have been written off...

Target Limit $5000, owe $5300....

Capital One Limit $1000 owe $1300

Fifth Third Bank Limit $1500 owe $1800

US BANK Limit $2200 owe $2900....
    Last edited by nick09; 07-17-2009, 09:11 PM.

Originally posted by nick09 View Post
    Can I waive my bankruptcy fee and the stupid $50 fee for the classes due to the weddings?

sorry but no. you cant bankrupt on the bankruptcy fees or the classes because of other obligations or for any reason that I know of. A no asset 7 will run about 1000 to 2000 dollars when all said and done. The trustee is not going to care about your weddings either unless someone at the wedding gives you a bunch of money. You aren't that far in debt yet. Have you thought of using an attorney to negotiate for lesser amounts? Some of those banks you listed might work with you on that and you can save the BK card for later.

Comment

I haven't talked to my creditors in over 2 years...I doubt they would talk to me now cause of how much I owe, and the amount of time has passed since the last payments I made to them.

Plus I got no job, I lost it so there's no income coming in..
      I have applied to some jobs but noone has called me back...

Actually I am waiting for my petion to be filed.....I had a job when I filed, and just owe the $299 filing fee....

I am waiting on the final paperwork to fill out to come in the mail...

Comment

Somewhere on here I read that you can petition for the filing fees to be waived.
        9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
        11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
        1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

Originally posted by nick09 View Post
          I haven't talked to my creditors in over 2 years...I doubt they would talk to me now cause of how much I owe, and the amount of time has passed since the last payments I made to them.

Plus I got no job, I lost it so there's no income coming in..
          I have applied to some jobs but noone has called me back...

Actually I am waiting for my petion to be filed.....I had a job when I filed, and just owe the $299 filing fee....

I am waiting on the final paperwork to fill out to come in the mail...
          But you will have a job again and then you could negotiate with them. The more time that has passed, the better it is for you. Do you have any judgments? I think it is awesome you got that far along with no legal action & that tells me they might settle. So you still want to go BK on just 11,000 dollars in CC debt? You have no other debt? or medical bills? I bet there is a good chance you could get that amount cut in half or more. It does happen for people like you.

My thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by PdxDavid View Post
            Somewhere on here I read that you can petition for the filing fees to be waived.

You can try to petition for it but the attorney fee will still be there and he wont file it until it is paid. You could also try pro se and petition the filing fee.

Comment

I paid my attorney fee so far I paid the 1000 up front and then the 239 i believe to have them do the paperwork..Still owe the filing fee, I read you can have it waived due to hardship...

Can I get my dad to help pay for the fee and call it a gift, and not a loan?

Comment

I did have one Judgement from fifth third...They got a default judgement against me...
                For $1800....

I lost my job a few days before the judgement came in....and they called me once, told them I filed for Bankruptcy, and haven't heard a word from them...

Comment

If you want to go thru the motions & scrutiny of proving a hardship case, you can try that. Of course you can turn to dad and do that as well. That is one reason why we have dads

Comment

I already paid for my attorney $1300 for filing bankruptcy...I am not going to with draw my bankruptcy plans...
                    Especially Now that I don't have a job to pay anything to these companies, and I want to move forward in my life...

It seems like an eternity ago that I even used credit cards....And I will never use them again

Comment

You can apply for a waiver of the fees if you are in a hurry to get the petition started. If you are not within the "poverty level" requirements, most likely the judge will order you to pay in installments. It only gives you a few days of leeway but it worked for me.I needed to file and stop a wage garnishment ASAP.
                      12/05/08 - filed pro se
                      01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                      04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                      6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

would i be in the poverty limit due to no job and no income?

Comment

You must have some sort of income albeit disability, unemployment, etc. in order to survive. Even if it is help from your parents, it is considered income. Either way, most likely it qualifies for the poverty level standards. It never hurts to apply for the waiver. Just check with your district on the waiver application and see what the standards are. I didn't qualify but the judge did allow me to make installments. It probably helped that I filed pro se and obviously did not have the money for an attorney.
                          12/05/08 - filed pro se
                          01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                          04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                          6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Right now I live my aunt. But she doesn't know I'm filing bankruptcy.

Only my dad knows that I'm filing.

I can't get unemployment cause my boss never paid into it. I worked for a exempt place that didn't to pay into it.

Comment

Have you tried to file for unemployment? If not, then do so. Employers are required by law to pay unemployment insurance... whether they do it in installments to the state on your behalf or they pay lump sum after you've filed. Atleast in MI it is this way. Hopefully it is where you live too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X