Attended 341 hearings today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attended 341 hearings today

My attorney suggested I stop by and view a few 341s today as I work in a building close to the courthouse.

I am so glad that did! Even though everyone says there is nothing to it, observing 3 different trustees and their individual styles was interesting. My attorney is married to one of the trustees and as I understand it the choice of trustee is random but out of the three he seemed to be the most compassionate and straight forward. The other two seemed to purposely try to embarass people. My lawyer's husband did not ask the "why are you here filing bk" question but the other two did and one got a little nasty with a couple because of their high credit card debt of over $200,000 but he seemed to let it go after he chastised them for racking up debt and "feeling like you can just file bankruptcy and walk away". I so hope we don't get him.

But all in all, I am glad I went and observed what can happen. I saw all types of dress, including flip flops and jeans but no children if that helps out anyone. I would say the average person that had all their paperwork together was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I hope ours goes as smoothly.

Just wanted to share what I witnessed today. Have a great afternoon everyone!
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Originally posted by zpbk13 View Post
    My attorney suggested I stop by and view a few 341s ...
    Great idea!

Originally posted by zpbk13 View Post
    ....as I understand it the choice of trustee is random.....
    A good Attorney can lower the odds substantially.
    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X