341 Done and Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Done and Over

Ok we had our 341 today. Got there in plenty of time 1/2 hr early. Attorney was running late, scared me to death! Well when I say late he got there about 5 minutes before our 341 time. Wasn't a problem, she wasn't running on time anyway. Went in and a guy was having his, she (trustee) was going over his case with a fine tooth comb, made me nervous.

Our turn came, we answered questions under oath about the info in our case. The biggest thing, which the trustee said wasn't a big deal was we had a problem with the income, I can't blame that on anyone. We drug out our filing so long (1 1/2yrs) a source of income was from me (decorating) has ceased, yet the attorney had it on our income schedule. I told the trustee that was done. I quit that in Nov due to more hours available at the store I work at. She said that it showed we didn't have much in disposable income (slightly over 125 a month), she asked if we could manage and I said yes we can. The income was $400 a month difference. She was impressed with the fact I knew exactly when we stopped paying cc. She questioned our property value, how we figured that, we had an appraisal and a property tax assessment (difference of about $3500), she basically said either way we didn't have $15000 in equity, which we don't anymore. I simply agreed.

I heard her asked a guy before us who had filed BK once before why he was back. She seemed to be grilling everyone today. But the good news is our attorney and her seemed to be friends. They joked a bit, about an Audi?? and the person she called before us who's attorney wasn't in the room, she said we will go ahead with Mr P.... (our attorney) since he is here and ready. She knew him by first name and when I checked Pacer it appeared it has had alot of cases at this courthouse.

All in all it went alright. I asked our attorney if things seemed ok and he said yeah no problems. He told us before we entered ours was a basic 7 and it should all go smoothly. I do think maybe we got a very picky trustee, she drilled everyone today. But we seemed to have less of a drilling.

I am not going to worry about the income difference, it wasn't by much and I will have no 1099 for the business this year, I am a W-2 employee this year and I am so glad! All we are waiting on now is our discharge! and closing! Will check pacer but not for a few days, I am sure there won't be anything on there for awhile.
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Congrats on joining the 60 day club
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Congrats on being in the 60 day club. Glad it went well!
      07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
      08/10/09 341
      10/16/09 Discharged
      02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Congrats!! I'm new to posting but have been reading a lot on this forum lately. I read your thread about your 341 being today -- glad everything went well for ya

Noticed you're in Indiana also (me too!)... our 341 is scheduled for next month in Lafayette. I'm SOOO nervous already and can only imagine what I'm going to be like the morning of our 341 Such a relief to have finally filed, but I will feel 100 times better once we get past the 341 I think
        Filed 8/2009
        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three09 View Post
          Congrats!! I'm new to posting but have been reading a lot on this forum lately. I read your thread about your 341 being today -- glad everything went well for ya

Noticed you're in Indiana also (me too!)... our 341 is scheduled for next month in Lafayette. I'm SOOO nervous already and can only imagine what I'm going to be like the morning of our 341 Such a relief to have finally filed, but I will feel 100 times better once we get past the 341 I think
          Welcome to Bkforum! I have been here for awhile now and learned so much, this forum is the best bk info there is. I wish ours could have been in Lafayette instead of Indianapolis, we are actually closer to Lafayette, but our county has to go to Indianapolis, that made me even more nervous, I worried so much about getting lost! LOL Honestly I wasn't too nervous until we got into Indy, then I started getting nervous. It wasn't so bad, even if our trustee was on a roll today with the questions. It's her job though, so it's ok.

Keep in touch, let me know how your 341 goes, it will be fine I am sure. It was a relief to file, a huge relief to have this 341 over, now it's just the waiting period to be discharged and closed!!

Good Luck! and thanks for the positive post.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Just curious, what did you attorney do while you were questioned? Are attorneys asked questions also during 341s?
            6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
            10/06/2009 Discharged
            01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Hey, JPT, remember our bet. How long did it take? Less than three minutes, I owe you two sets of hamsters, more than three, only one. LOL Grats on getting it over and the 60 day club. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
                Just curious, what did you attorney do while you were questioned? Are attorneys asked questions also during 341s?
                In all of the cases I saw while waiting for my 341, the only times the attorney's were involved with my trustee were

"Attorney B****, can you give me a bit of background on the case?" (where the attorney would summarize major asset or income issues, and basically a quick reason for the filing -- job loss, unable to pay debts, medical bills, etc.

and

"Attorney B**** could you please show XXXX the signature page from the petition?".

Comment

Glad ya made it through your 341.

I've been working on our upcoming bankruptcy (9/30/09). Dh has tons of small receipts as he is an over the road truck driver and our BK Attorney told me in Jan., he needed at least 6 months worth of receipts.

Looking at gas purchases for the year 9/08-8/09. I started keeping them in Feb., but dang I can't figure out if purchase was for my Van or Dh's truck. Anybody got any suggestions?
                  Last edited by LuciluS; 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM. Reason: Addtl Info

Comment

Congrats on being done with your meeting!
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
                      Glad ya made it through your 341.

I've been working on our upcoming bankruptcy (9/30/09). Dh has tons of small receipts as he is an over the road truck driver and our BK Attorney told me in Jan., he needed at least 6 months worth of receipts.

Looking at gas purchases for the year 9/08-8/09. I started keeping them in Feb., but dang I can't figure out if purchase was for my Van or Dh's truck. Anybody got any suggestions?
                      Would the truck be diesel? I know when we get diesel for dh truck we usually hit truck stops, would that help you. Stupid question I am sure you thought of that one. Maybe the amount of gallons? I know sometimes the cost of gas for those big trucks about knocked me over! One guy filled up 2 semis when we were in there. it was like $900 for one truck, $600 for the other!

Oh and our attorney didn't say too much. Most of them didn't. The one attorney had to correct the spelling on something for the guy before us. And our attorney didn't say much til the trustee caught the mistake on income. That's about it. Everyone we saw today did have an attorney. I thought the poor lady who's attorney was out in the waiting area was pro se but she had an attorney he just wasn't with her in our meeting room. I would have killed him when we left!

Well thanks for the nice thoughts all!

Hub, looking forward to the hamster dance. Been thinking dh and I just might have to stop and have a drink that day! We haven't been anywhere for ages. I don't normally drink, but this just might be an occasion to celebrate!

Comment

should i memorize whats on my expenditure list?

Comment

No, I didn't have anything memorized. You will have your petition with you. I think we just got a picker trustee them some. Don't worry too much. It really isn't so bad. I am just glad she seems to like our attorney!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X