what to bring to 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to bring to 341

does anyone know what you need to bring to the 341?

SS card and ID.

some people bring along documentations of their entire financial history for a year or two, but never ever get asked for it.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

My lawyer said SS card and driver's license only.
      Ch. 7
      Filed: 05/07/2009
      341: 07/01/2009
      Discharged AND closed: 09/29/2009

Comment

Yes that's about it unless they ask for something else.

Comment

I left my purse in the car and just had my ss card and license in my pocket with my keys. Lawyer brought in the packet of my financials.

Comment

Do NOT bring a cell phone.
            Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
            ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

I had everything I used to file in case I needed to referrence it, but it wasn't needed. I have all of our BK info in an accordion type folder, so it's all organized and small enough to carry. All we were told to bring and all we were asked for is drivers license and ss card.
              filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
              341 meeting 6/4/09
              DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

My lawyer said DL and original SS card.

He also wants me to bring most recent bank statements and paystubs, but I'm thinking that may be more for him than for the trustee since it doesn't appear that anyone else has been asked to bring those items.
                Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
                341 - 8/24/09
                Discharged - 11/3/09
                Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

All that was requested was DL & SS. My lawyer said to bring paystubs since filing but they were never asked for nor was I asked any questions regarding them. Bank statements are not required here.
                  Filed 5/29/09
                  Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by teacher View Post
                    Do NOT bring a cell phone.
                    That is rock solid advice.
                    Ch. 7
                    Filed: 05/07/2009
                    341: 07/01/2009
                    Discharged AND closed: 09/29/2009

Comment

i brought my cell phone but it was on vibrate.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                        i brought my cell phone but it was on vibrate.

hmm, must be a district thing....i was told by the lawyer and a friend of mine that they won't allow you have a cell phone, even if it is off.
                        Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
                        ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

The courthouse we went to had me put my purse thru a scanner, my dh had to empty his pockets, he still beeped when he walked thru the scanner so they took a hand held and checked him again. I thought it was kind of funny he had a metal belt buckle and steel toed boots!

We took our cell phones, but they were shut off, also took our Drivers license and SS Card. Without those we wouldn't have been able to proceed that day. Our attorney had our petition and gave us a copy too. That was it.
                          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Our BK Court is not in an actual courthouse, it's an office building so there is no security/screening. Everyone had a cell phone, in fact one of the trustee's clerks was on her cellphone in the hallway while 341's were going on.
                            Filed 5/29/09
                            Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

i think the cell phone issue depends on where the 341 is held, not on any court policy.
                              filed ch7 May 09
                              341 june 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X