angry family member causing trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

angry family member causing trouble

We got into a lawsuit against my insane inlaws. I'm not using the "insane" lightly. Anyways we have had our 341 on June, then it was continued on 7/16 now its being cont. again on 8/20 because she claims we have left off personal property from our schedules. She hasn't been in our home since early 2005. How can the trustee give her so much credibility? She is making a list of items and providing it to the trustee. God only knows what she will claim. We have approx12 -15k left over to be used as exemptions.

Keep in mind the Trustee is their to represent your creditors thus his job is to secure as much payment as possible for them. In many cases they rely on whistleblowers to discover fraud etc.

Has your lawyer pointed out the person hasn't been in your home in 4 years?

You might invite the lawyer or his representative to come over and have a look around, so that he can ensure you are not hiding assets .

Sorry about the pain of it, but in the end so long as your petition is truthful then all should clear up
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Just be truthful and you'll have the last laugh when ALL your debt is wiped out.

Hang in there
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

With family like that, who needs friends.....
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Is your mother-in-law one of your creditors? I don't understand why she has standing in this case otherwise.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X