Credit Card in the mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card in the mail?

Ok it started with preapproved car financing, now it's a preapproved cc.

So here's my question, I thought things had changed, that credit would be more difficult to get, so why would they send this to us? I mean, we filed June 4 and they want to give us credit now! We aren't even discharged and closed, why are we getting this crap now?

I hate these things coming in my mailbox! I don't want credit now or ever. I can't believe this, nothing seems to have changed, we should have such bad credit we shouldn't be able to finance anything, let alone have a cc!

So nothing changed huh? Nothing? They are still throwing cc out there for anyone? No matter how bad your credit is! No wonder people end up in BK more then once, they shouldn't be allowed to tempt people! Loan sharks!
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

We have gotten cc offers too but they have been AWFUL terms. I mean, AWFUL!

NO THANKS! LOL
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
      We have gotten cc offers too but they have been AWFUL terms. I mean, AWFUL!

NO THANKS! LOL
      Yeah the terms are awful, just amazes me we would even get a cc offer. LOL

Are these people stupid or what, why would a person who couldn't make their payments before want a cc? Just amazing to me!
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I think they think we're all stupid and never learn.

Comment

They know that you are a "safe bet" because you can't file BK for another 7-10 years
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

LOL and then there's THAT.

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
              They know that you are a "safe bet" because you can't file BK for another 7-10 years
              I guess!! LOL I guess nothing much changed in the credit world did it? I thought that things were suppose to change, it appears nothing changed to me. Well maybe it did, some of us know that it's a trap and we won't go down that road again. I do still find it amazing that we would be able to get credit right now.

Good thing I told dh there will never be another cc in this house. I made it clear, it won't ever happen. Not ever. I would love to send this preapproved cc right back to where it came from with a note telling them where they can stick this cc!

Comment

these cc offers take between $200 and $300 from you up front. that's why they send them. they hope we would be so desperate to rebuild our credit we would throw money on them. yeah, right! we are smarter than that.

i personally never paid one cent to credit cards - not in interest and not in fees. i'll never understand why they liked me so much.
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

My parents got more credit after they filed a Ch 7 than they ever had. It was crazy!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

The reason they send these ridiculous offers is they know you can't file chapter 7 again for I think 8 years. So they get you on the hook again and they basically own you in a form of serfdom.

I get offers from time to time and file them in the appropriate file.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
                      I think they think we're all stupid and never learn.
                      They don't think we're all stupid and don't learn but there are plenty of people who are either stupid, didn't learn or both. So they send out mass mailings to all bk filers and probaby get a 1-2% return rate, maybe higher.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

right, they think statistically speaking at least some of us are stupid and didn't learn.
                        filed ch7 May 09
                        341 june 09
                        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
                          I would love to send this preapproved cc right back to where it came from with a note telling them where they can stick this cc!

I have heard of people wrapping up some fresh doggy poop, or a brick, etc and taping the postpaid envelope to it. You want to leave off your return address of course
                          7-2-2009 Filed
                          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whipster1 View Post
                            I have heard of people wrapping up some fresh doggy poop, or a brick, etc and taping the postpaid envelope to it. You want to leave off your return address of course
                            Don't send anything potentially harmful like dog poop. The brick is good.
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Opt out of the pre-screened offers.

Oh, and the post office won't do the brick thing anymore. Ever since 9/11 they lost their sense of humor in dealing with scumbag pre-paid envelopes. You can put something thin in the envelope yet still heavy, like a shingle.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X