Just received a call from creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received a call from creditor

I filed chapter 7 on June 23rd, 2009 and before filing, I was receiving roughly 10 calls a day from Juniper Barclay bank on my cell phone. A few days after filing, all calls stopped.

Yesterday (July 21st), I was received 6 calls to my cell phone from an unavailable number, but when I picked up, no one was there.

This morning, my phone rang; I picked up and it was a rep from Juniper Barclay and they said I was past due on my credit card account and they wanted my permission to take the money from my checking account on file.

I told the guy politely that I filed for bankruptcy last month and they shouldn't even be calling me. The guy said that they had no information of my bankruptcy and asked me for my information.

He asked for my case number, what chapter and my lawyer information. I gave him my case number and chapter and then told him that I filed without an attorney.

Once he heard that, we seemed a little peeved at me. Oh well..

I just find it odd that it's been almost a month since filing and I haven't heard from there people in over 3 weeks and now they are pulling this crap.

They are clearly listed on my petition...

Did they really not receive the BK information or are they playing dirty?
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

I'm assuming that you included them in your mailing matrix? Is there any possibility that they would not have been notified?

It does sound fishy to me though, and it doesn't help letting the court know about it. If you were getting so many calls a day, and then they stopped, it sounds like maybe they're playing dirty? Again, it can't hurt to tell the court about your experience.
    6/12/09: Filed Chapter 7
    7/21/09: 341 Hearing (went very well)
    9/28/09: Discharged
    10/2/09: Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by damooster View Post
      I'm assuming that you included them in your mailing matrix? Is there any possibility that they would not have been notified?

It does sound fishy to me though, and it doesn't help letting the court know about it. If you were getting so many calls a day, and then they stopped, it sounds like maybe they're playing dirty? Again, it can't hurt to tell the court about your experience.
      Yup, they are included on my mailing matrix and my petition.

It just boggles my mind because all calls stopped within a few days of filing and now they are calling again.

We will see what happens. My 341 is in exactly 2 weeks from today.
      Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Too bad they didn't take money out of your account. I'm sure the BK Court would not have been too happy with them.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
          Too bad they didn't take money out of your account. I'm sure the BK Court would not have been too happy with them.
          I am kind of glad that they didn't take any money out; that would over draft my account by close to $3000.00. Even though it's not my primary checking account, I would like to keep it in the positive.

I will be keeping a close eye on it though and see if these morons try to pull anything.
          Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by WillinVT View Post
            I am kind of glad that they didn't take any money out; that would over draft my account by close to $3000.00. Even though it's not my primary checking account, I would like to keep it in the positive.

I will be keeping a close eye on it though and see if these morons try to pull anything.
            Keep a close eye on your bank acct. I don't trust any creditor that's included in my BK. I've even had a creditor once tell me that BK won't protect me and he will get his money.
            Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
            Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Keep track of that call and any other's that come in. Record names, times, etc. They are violating the automatic stay with their calls and there are fines for that. Let the atty know. Especially if they call or send you any other correspondence.
              filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
              341 meeting 6/4/09
              DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

They file pro se.

However I would record the call time and date, who you spoke to. Take no other action at the moment. If they should continue to do it it is time to take other measures, which could make you richer , and them poorer.
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

i would take my money out of that bank account pronto!!
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09
                  discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by WillinVT View Post

I'd pull the money out of there like NOW and put under your mattress!
                    Banks today are being ruthless!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X