341 over with!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 over with!

Just returned from my 341 hearing. I was not nervous until I got into the conference room and the trustee was grilling people; apparently some of the Pro Se people on the 10am docket were unorganized and so he was making "an announcement to have our stuff together before approaching his table." Needless to say, I sat my butt down and got my paper work together!

According to the schedule, I had like 5 people in front of me. Two of them did not show or call; how can you let that happen? A creditor was there for one of them too and he left with the biggest grin on his face. Then the guy before me was still unprepared after the "announcement" that the trustee made to have the paperwork and ID's ready. On top of that, he had a creditor there in regards to a $600 debt that did not sit well with the trustee. Since the cases were kind of out of order at the point (some people were not there because of traffic), the trustee looked at me, whispered something to his assistant and then called my name. I think he recognized me because of my awkward name and noticed that I was sitting there with everything in my hands. When I approached the table, he whispered "thank goodness it looks like you got your stuff together."

Anyways, to make it short, I was done in two minutes. Pro Se filers had to fill out some forms while we waited, and I did not understand the Statement of Invoices form at all, so I left some spaces blank, thinking I could ask them about it at the table. I did ask him, and he grinned at me and said "ah, don't worry about that. You're good to go. Good luck."

Talk about the weight being lifted off of your back!

6/12/09: Filed Chapter 7
    7/21/09: 341 Hearing (went very well)
    9/28/09: Discharged
    10/2/09: Case closed!

Congrats man, I hope to be in your position in a couple of months!
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

woohoo!

Comment

Congratulations...
        Filed Chap 7: 06/18/09
        341 Meeting held: 07/21/09
        Last Day for Objections: 9/21/09

Comment

So, what tips would you give for filing Pro Se?

The lawyer I have contacted said it would be $1,100 total.

Seems like I could handle it for less!

Comment

Congrats!! Hoping ours goes as smoothly
            Filed 8/2009
            Discharged & Closed 11/2009
            Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Originally posted by keezeed View Post
              So, what tips would you give for filing Pro Se?

The lawyer I have contacted said it would be $1,100 total.

Seems like I could handle it for less!
              Well, take a look around these forums and you'll find some information on whether it's a good idea to file Pro Se. If you have no assets, and your case is pretty straightforward, then I say go for it. Between the NOLO bankruptcy book and this forum, you should have all the information you need to do it. The forms are pretty straightforward, so I wouldn't let that intimidate you.

The only thing I wish I had a lawyer for is that they can get you out of having to go to an reaffirmation hearing. I requested to reaffirm my car (many people don't like that idea, I felt it was in my best interest to do so) and since I am Pro Se, I will have to attend a reaffirmation hearing to determine if reaffirming is in my best interest.

$1100 doesn't sound too bad compared to what I was quoted. If you can afford the attorney, I would personally get the attorney.
              6/12/09: Filed Chapter 7
              7/21/09: 341 Hearing (went very well)
              9/28/09: Discharged
              10/2/09: Case closed!

Comment

Congrats and Good Luck

(Not showing up on time and not calling can get your case dismissed.....there was a guy at my 341. The Lawyer's paralegal had already made an off comment before we went in about missing only 1 of their clients, and then he asked a question and she said yeah that one. When your lawyer talks bad about you your in trouble. So roll call came, still wasn't there. Trustee began. Did a couple cases then asked if that person was present again, still no reply. Continued with cases til it was that guys turn. Called his name. took a look at him after he said he was present. Look evil at the lawyer. Took the guys folder and threw down on the other side of the desk "You're last, sit down". So then he continued. I don't know what happened to that fella since mine was 2 minutes and I left, but I'm not sure he had such an easy time.)
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Congrats to you!!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

WOW! Congratulations! I bet you sleep well tonight. Well done!

I spoke with an attorney today and he charges $1000 plus the filing cost of $299. Honestly its worth it to me just to have the peace of mind. I am a nervous wreck about all of this and I felt a little calmer just talking to him. Recessions suck!
                    I am NOT an attorney. This is NOT advice.

Comment

That's cheap... my chapter 7 was 2900 (including the filing fee).
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Sounds like yours went well. You sound like you were prepared and the trustee appreciated that. Ours seemed to be to appreciate that I knew the answers she asked, was prepared and ready to answer whatever she asked. Our trustee got a little frustrated with others, but she kind of gave us a look of sympathy when we informed her dh had his hours cut AGAIN.

I do believe spending time on this forum is the best prep for your 341 and bk in general. I went prepared, the trustee commented on that, and my dh told her I have spent hours upon hours getting ready for this. It was his first acknowledgment that maybe all my research wasn't so bad afterall.

Anyway, sounds like your on your way and welcome to the 60 day club!
                        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Congrats on your 341 going so well.....
                          Welcome to the 60 day club!!!
                          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((congratulations!)))))))))))))) ))))))

Comment

I bought the NOLO book last night, I have read to page 150, I think I am more confused now than ever. LOL Gonna go do some more lurking.
                              I am NOT an attorney. This is NOT advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X