Just got my 1st preapproved cc offer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my 1st preapproved cc offer...

from 1st Premier Bank and I'm not even discharged yet! Their motto is "we know that bad things happen to good people"...

Okay, the terms:

-19% interest rate (not as bad as I thought it would be) goes up if late
    -$250 credit limit.....but there are some "charges" deducted from the card:
    *$95 Program Fee
    *$29 Set up Fee
    *$48 Annual Fee
    *$7 Monthly Service Fee
    *$20 additional card for hubby
    -------------------------------------
    Total available credit: $51

Oh, then there's "other fees"
    $25 for a credit increase (they will review every 3 months)
    $3.95 internet access fee
    $11.00 auto draft
    $7 to pay online

For someone who kept a 780 credit score and had 4.99-9.99% on credit cards throughout the years, this is hard to swallow....I guess I better get used to it....
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

yeah, got the same one. i also had a very high fico, interest rates were always 0%. so i just laughed at this and put it away. just remember it means absolutely nothing about who you are.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
      yeah, got the same one. i also had a very high fico, interest rates were always 0%. so i just laughed at this and put it away. just remember it means absolutely nothing about who you are.
      Thanks! Yes, I've got to remember that I just worry that when i go to refinance my home (if and when) or purchase another vehicle, will I always get 2nd rate loans because of my "bk history"?
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Just shred it and get a pre-pay visa at Walmart. they are actually pretty nice
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
          Thanks! Yes, I've got to remember that I just worry that when i go to refinance my home (if and when) or purchase another vehicle, will I always get 2nd rate loans because of my "bk history"?
          they say it takes a couple of years but is not so bad after.

i am personally so far from buying a home or car that i don't even think about it. i do dream about it, though, especially having my own home. gosh, that would be nice.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Liz, got that same offer. If you keep throwing those away, eventually First Premier will send you one that says zero interest for the first year...LOL
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I get those offers also.
              I just toss them in the trash I don't need any plastic to live on.
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

My cousin's filed Ch 7 and 2 years later they bought a home. The loan was for $100K and the interest rate was 9%.

While that is a little high I didn't think it was all that bad.
                4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

from 1st Premier Bank and I'm not even discharged yet! Their motto is "we know that bad things happen to good people"...

Okay, the terms:

*$95 Program Fee
                  *$29 Set up Fee
                  *$48 Annual Fee
                  *$7 Monthly Service Fee

$11.00 auto draft
                  $7 to pay online

For someone who kept a 780 credit score and had 4.99-9.99% on credit cards throughout the years, this is hard to swallow....I guess I better get used to it....
                  Preapproved to try to get you back into the same boatload of crap that you just got out of. As was said above, the Wally-World prepaid or just use a debit card. I won't be paying $250 in fees for $50 worth of credit.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I got a orchard card 300 cl and 59 annual fee. That is all I need to rent a car. I keep it zero balance. I went directly to the web site and applied. I too want nomore cc debts.
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I got the same offer in the mail yesterday and threw it in the trash.

The only reason why I need a credit card is to rent a car, but I'm going to get a secured account.

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
                        I get those offers also.
                        I just toss them in the trash I don't need any plastic to live on.
                        I agree, I've lived without a credit card for over a year (who would have thought?) and it's been fine. Some weeks are "tight", but all in all, it's been great! I don't need another credit card at this time, I'm over it. I just thought it was funny to get an preapproved application BEFORE I am discharged... and the rates/fees...absolutely crazy!
                        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Wow, they must have sent out a mass mailing yesterday because me and DH got the same offer from First Premier. Looking at all the fees made us laugh because we pictured someone with a "pimp" hat on in a cadillac (with a big thug bodyguard)....thinking back to a Good Times scenario....saying we are going to give you $300 but we want $600 back! The fees are ridiculous ...we shredded them and tossed into file 13!
                          CH 7 Filed 6/26/09
                          341 Meeting 7/27/09
                          Last day for objections: 9/25/09
                          When life gives you lemons, slice them and add to your Margarita!!

Comment

Okay, the terms:

*$95 Program Fee
                            *$29 Set up Fee
                            *$48 Annual Fee
                            *$7 Monthly Service Fee

$11.00 auto draft
                            $7 to pay online

They sure do know bad things happen to good people as they are complicit charging those horrendous fees!
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

After 2 years from Ch.7 you qualify for an FHA loan which is NOT a second rate loan. I'm working on getting a loan with under 2 years with a rate under 5%. I am buying the rate down a couple of points otherwise I would be in the low 5's.

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X