Question on Collection Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Collection Accounts

I have scheduled my free consult for next thursday but i can't wait to get an answer, lol. I have so many questions running thru my head. Could someone please answer this two questions.

1. Should I pull my credit report before I go to visit the lawyer, my be some old stuff I'd like to BK.

2. Can accounts in collection already be BK'd, such as old medical bills etc...

thanks guys!!!

Yes, a credit report helps a lot.

All of my accounts that brought on my bk are in collections.

Comment

Originally posted by tiaontrack View Post
      I have scheduled my free consult for next thursday but i can't wait to get an answer, lol. I have so many questions running thru my head. Could someone please answer this two questions.

1. Should I pull my credit report before I go to visit the lawyer, my be some old stuff I'd like to BK.

2. Can accounts in collection already be BK'd, such as old medical bills etc...

thanks guys!!!
      If you retain a lawyer, they will pull your credit report to get the majority of your creditors (i.e. credit cards, loans, mortgages, etc.). If there is anybody you owe money to that is not listed on your credit report, it is your responsibility to provide that information.
      Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
      ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Ok, thanks I didn't know they did that as well. I thought I had to research everything myself.

Comment

Ok, thanks I didn't know they did that as well. I thought I had to research everything myself.
          I had to list all of my creditors and collection agencies myself.

And the only problem with the collections account is that you have to call the original creditor to get the collection agency information. Then call the collection agency to get the CA account info.
          The CA's aren't very friendly, especially if you tell them you need it for a bk.

Comment

Do not rely on your attorney to pull your report. You are responsible for all the info on your petition. Absolutely research this yourself and include anyone who could conceivably have a claim.
            Pull your on reports and give copies to your lawyer.

Comment

Well maybe I was just special.
              Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
              ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

ok I'll pull my report also

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X