Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR monitor service?

in the past i used equifax score watch for id theft and monitoring of fico

I hear alot about people needing to check their CR often after BK to make sure items are listed as they should and to make corrections...
    (I know I will learn more about this in a couple months)

I am thinking about signing back up with Equifax but i am thinking that instead of getting the score watch(monitors fico and equifax)
    I should get the one that covers any changes in all 3 CRA's

what do you all do? or plan to do?

I was just thinking about this. Our discharge is coming soon and I'd like to be able to watch our credit reports and see what's going on. I'd love to see what everyone else is planning to do. I've never kept a close eye on our reports so I'm not sure where to start.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I just signed up for credit check total. Kind of pricey at $19.95 per month, but supposedly it allows daily pulls from all 3 CRA's.

Comment

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
        in the past i used equifax score watch for id theft and monitoring of fico

what do you all do? or plan to do?
        I plan to never call equifax again. They lied to me and said it was $2 for score watch so I gave them my bank card info. At this point my balance is in the single digits due to the bk. They never told me they were also going to charge me $12.99, then $9.99, then $14.99 all in one day. That put my bank account in the negative with $34 for each overage.

It was a mess but I got that fixed up but they WOULD NOT cancel my recurring screwatch charge. (lol that was actually a typo but it looks right so I'll leave it)
        I ended up closing my bank account to avoid the charges.

Maybe if you get an American on the phone they can sign you up correctly, everyone I talked to was in india or something.

Comment

yikes! that was a bad experience for sure

I am lucky to have not had bad experiences with them in the past.. I used scorewatch for several years they monitor your fico and send texts or emails when it changes (drops or increases) and tell you why and what you should or should not do to change it

it was only for equifax though

Comment

I also use credit check total. It is a bit pricey ($19.95/mo) but it does let me pull as many reports as I want. I'm filing for chapter 7 today and have been pulling regularly to give me some possibly needed ammo when disputing items after the bk is done.
            Filed Chapter 7 7/24/2009
            UST Has Questions :unsure: 08/11/2009
            341 Completed !!! 9/1/2009 :clapping:
            DISCHARGED 11/10/2009 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post

it was only for equifax though
              Yes, only equifax, and only when I called on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by destitute View Post
                I also use credit check total. It is a bit pricey ($19.95/mo) but it does let me pull as many reports as I want. I'm filing for chapter 7 today and have been pulling regularly to give me some possibly needed ammo when disputing items after the bk is done.
                If you call and say you want to cancel they lower your price to $9.95/mo.

Comment

thanks falken.. I'll try that!
                  Filed Chapter 7 7/24/2009
                  UST Has Questions :unsure: 08/11/2009
                  341 Completed !!! 9/1/2009 :clapping:
                  DISCHARGED 11/10/2009 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by falken View Post
                    If you call and say you want to cancel they lower your price to $9.95/mo.
                    LOL, I don't know. Thats what I did. Everytime I called to cancel something they just charged me for something else.
                    Fortunately my online banking updates often and I could see the charges.

When I got an American on the phone (six hours later) I started getting refunds.

So good luck, keep an eye on your account.

Comment

True Credit

I use TrueCredit.com It's $14.95/mo has all 3 reports and scores. If you do the recurring monthly then you can update your report as much as you want. I was in the low 500's before I filed. Now I'm 560's and haven't even discharged yet.

Comment

I wish I could have all three reports and fico's monitored daily

I want it all!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X