Are estimates for needed home repairs allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are estimates for needed home repairs allowed

Just recieved request for more information from UST regarding our home maintainence expenses. When we figured it we included the cost of replacing our A/C which is on its last legs (have estimate for replacement), repair to roof due to damage from hurricane(have estimate) and fixing fence lost during hurricane. We have a 5% deductible on home owners insurance. and the cost of repairing roof and fencing is less than our deductible, so it is out of pocket expense for us. We have not even had our 341 meeting yet and they are asking for recipts to prove our cost. Do estimates count for future replacement? I have to have this to UST by Monday and just recieved the e-mail. Any imput would be much appreciated.

I would say that if you have a written estimate stating the things need repairs that they would be OK.
    But I am not an expert. It does make sense though that they would be looking for some kind of documentation to prove it.

Comment

All you can do is get your ducks in a row. The estimates better do more than simply state what it costs to repair, you need someone to explain that it actually "needs" repair.

Home maintenance expense is BK typically only refers to routine maintenance, (think of it like oil changes on a car). Larger, one time, expenses, are not usually considered as a "monthly" expense.

But for your home maintenance expense, would you be a chapter 13. If so, you might have some problems.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X