Getting your papers ready.....CC statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting your papers ready.....CC statements

For those who filed on un secure debt, CCs, how far back did you keep statements?

I pay online and have 12 months from current back of statements for all the CC accounts, is that enough or is there a chance my attorney, the TT or even the UST would want to see more?
    Last edited by wantout; 07-26-2009, 09:34 AM.

My attorney has asked me for 6 months worth of statements.

I haven't filed yet, but that is in my paperwork of what to provide for the attorney.
    Filed - 9/28/09
    341 - 11/20/09
    Last Day to Object - 1/19/10
    My BK blog: http://forgiveusourdebts.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by crescentmoon View Post
      My attorney has asked me for 6 months worth of statements.

I haven't filed yet, but that is in my paperwork of what to provide for the attorney.
      Thanks. I meet with a attorney tomorrow....I am nervous, unsure, excited, ready to get this done, am I doing the right thing, I cant afford $800 to $1000 a month in interest anymore.....I swear I ever get out of this, never again, never...

Comment

I didn't need to provide any back statements. The only statements I provided were most recent bank statement when I met with my attorney and then a statement showing my balances as of the date I filed. I did not need any credit card statements or receipts.

I think it depends on your district.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

i only needed the current CC statement.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

At my free initial counseling, mine only asked to bring the most current statment if I wanted to file.
            Filed 09/18/2009
            341 10/16/2009
            Last day to object 12/15/2009

Comment

so far i havent been asked for cc statements just pay stubs and tax returns

Comment

Our attorney ran a credit report of some sort and it gave a printout of everything we had. So I didn't need any cc statements. We had pay stubs, and tax refunds.You will need bank statements 3 months prior to filing, but that will be determined by when you file. You attorney will do a means test, so paycheck stubs are necessary for the first consult. A basic run down of all your debts, and what you have as assets, (cars, homes...)

It's not so bad I was a nervous wreck to, but when we left the second attorney and had paid him, the sense of relief was unbelievable!

Good luck!
                Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

If you have a large amount of unsecured debt ($100k+), be prepared to submit up to 2 years of credit card statements.

Comment

Originally posted by mike258 View Post
                    If you have a large amount of unsecured debt ($100k+), be prepared to submit up to 2 years of credit card statements.
                    Nope, only $48,000...sheesh, only.....

Comment

I have over 130k in unsecured debt (some of it is private student loans though) and I didn't need to do that. Its hard to tell someone what to expect to be required to bring because of the differences in the districts.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                        Its hard to tell someone what to expect to be required to bring because of the differences in the districts.

True, but you still should expect to provide 2 years of cc statements if you have a large amount of cc debt (What defines large? People on these boards say over 100K). It's so much easier get get statement copies before you file. Trying to get them after filing is difficult at best.

If the TT or UST doesnt ask for them, toss the statements in the shredder. Better to be prepared ahead of time, you don't want to risk getting your case dismissed because you didn't provide statement copies.
                        Last edited by mike258; 07-26-2009, 06:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

My attorney wanted the past 6 months for each card (probably to make sure I didn't have any really big purchases in that time). Like Mike258 said, it's a LOT easier to get them before you file. I just went to all the credit card websites and printed them from there. Once I filed, all access to all my accounts was locked out.
                          Filed 5/12/09
                          341 6/11/09
                          discharged 8/11/09
                          Closed 8/14/09

Comment

I don't have any of my statements. I never saved them and most of my debts I stopped paying on over 6 months ago. What am I supposed to do?

I have $156,000 in unsecured debts.

I'm meeting with my attorney on Wednesday to finalize the paperwork until they file.

Comment

well, debtmonster, if you don't have them then you don't have them!

presumably, if you stopped paying on them then you also stopped charging on them. so those statements will show nothing but the current balance, which should be on your credit report anyway.
                              filed ch7 May 09
                              341 june 09
                              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X