top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grace period on auto and home, filing this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace period on auto and home, filing this week...

I have a question. In another thread, I saw a post stating that as long as you bring your "ride thru" current by time of discharge, there is generally no problem.

My situation is this for the next 6 - 7 weeks:

Auto loan will be paid on 8/28, due date is 8/23, 10 day grace period.

Primary mortgage will be paid on 8/14 and 9/15, due date is 1st, 15 day grace period.

Both these loans are current and I intend to keep them both, reaffirm the car and ride thru the home. I've always paid the car loan between the 15th and 30th of the month, always paid the home on the 15th of the month. I'm working towards paying the mortgage & auto just prior to the due date rather than using the grace period but it will take me until 9/15 to get there.

I'm filing 7/31. Given that, can anyone comment on me continuing to use the grace periods during the interim until 9/15? Is this going to cause problems with the lenders? Should I contact them after I file and tell them my intentions?

Thanks for any feedback.
    07/31/2009 - Filed Chapter 7 Western District NC
    09/02/2009 - 341 Meeting - DONE!
    11/02/2009 - Final date for objections
    11/09/2009 - Discharged & Closed!!!

I called the bank and grace period was still good. I have now started to pay@
    the 1st. Calling the bank will give you peace of mind

Comment

I called my mortage company (Wells Fargo) to see if I still have the "grace period" until the 15th (I was concerned because I has read on this board that you can't even be ONE day late and the grace period was gone if you are in BK) and they told me "YES"

As joh stated, call the bank and it will give you peace of mind.
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

This is the most confusing part of our filing to me. I have worried myself sick about the time frame on paying mortgages.

We have a first and second and have never been late on either, thru everything that was and has remained the bills we never missed.

I was so worried about using the grace period during BK. My main thing was, if the same rules that you had pre bk apply on a mortgage and you have been in good standing with them since the loan began, how can using the grace period that is written into your contract with this mortgage company no longer exist? So when I paid this last month pre 341, due to mailing issues and no longer having online access it ended up with the first being closer to grace period time. No problems, check was cashed, received the next months statement for info purposes only. Wasn't mentioned at 341, so obviously it must have been fine.

2nd mortgage was due on the 6th paid it on the 8th, no problem. Checked cashed, info purposes only statement came at the normal time this month for August payment. My feelings are if paying using grace during BK must not be an issue with these companies. Perhaps it is the fact we have always been good customers with both our mortgage holders, or maybe it's all the foreclosures and they really don't want another house, especially from a good paying customers.
        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X