• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not believe it.

XX-XXXXX-reg Beyond Therapy
    Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Judge: XXXXX XXXXX
    Date filed: 04/13/2009 Date of last filing: 07/28/2009
    Debtor discharged: 07/28/2009 Date of last filing: 07/28/2009

Thank you to everyone for all your help, advice, and support.

I have a new lease on life. I am a lucky, lucky girl.

Awesome News! Congrats!
    Filed 5/12/09
    341 6/11/09
    discharged 8/11/09
    Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Thank you for being the first to congratulate me. I'm just in shock. I truly never thought I'd live to see the day. This time last year I was a a 12 on a scale of 1-10 Code Red Mess. Today... today is a brand new day.

Comment

Congrats, another one is free.

Comment

Hey, the Courts are working our rodents to death. Here is your very own Dance of Victory. And now, I bring on our World famous hamsters:

Grats; from all of us.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congratulations...
            Filed Chap 7: 06/18/09
            341 Meeting held: 07/21/09
            Last Day for Objections: 9/21/09

Comment

Thank you. To those of you who are at the beginning, I am living breathing proof that you can make it through this. You can make it through this. One day at a time. Get a good lawyer, or if you're filing pro se double then triple check every last t to see it is crossed and i to see it is dotted. Be honest at your 341, envision yourself living a debt-free life. Imagine it, act on it, achieve it. I am proof. It can be done.
              Last edited by beyondtherapy; 07-28-2009, 02:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Congratulations to you!!!
                4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beyondtherapy View Post
                  Thank you. To those of you who are at the beginning, I am living breathing proof that you can make it through this. You can make it through this. One day at a time. Get a good lawyer, or if you're filing pro se double then triple check every last t to see it is crossed and i to see it is dotted. Be honest at your 341, envision yourself living a debt-free life. Imagine it, act on it, achieve it. I am proof. It can be done.
                  thanks for the motivational post... and congrats
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09
                  discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Congrats!!!
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I am so happy for you! Can't wait until I can make a similar post. You are living proof that things do and will get better. Enjoy your hamster dance and your fresh start!
                      Filed: 8-19-09
                      341: 9-21-09
                      Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Yes congrats to you and enjoy your new fresh start... You deserve it )
                        Now that your free, what would you like to do special for you and your family ? e.i., plan a weekend getaway or go to disney and be a kid for a day ..lol What ever it is, enjoy ~
                        Filed on 7-17-09
                        waiting for 341
                        341 meeting 8-21-09
                        discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
                          Yes congrats to you and enjoy your new fresh start... You deserve it )
                          Now that your free, what would you like to do special for you and your family ? e.i., plan a weekend getaway or go to disney and be a kid for a day ..lol What ever it is, enjoy ~
                          hey, just don't go spending money you don't have!!

a vacation can be a staycation too with some planning. go to the local park, have a picnic, rent a movie. many things that are good in life cost very little.
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09
                          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

My celebration is going to be quiet (and free!) contemplation on how unbelievably lucky I am to have received this fresh start. Of course, they say 95% of luck is showing up (so make sure you're at your 341 ON TIME!!) but what i mean is, you have to create your own luck starting with your attitude. That's why earlier I said, no matter how bleak or hopeless your situation is at the beginning, start now envisioning a better, happier, debt free life in your future. Then slowly mold your present into your future. I'm not a religious person, so I don't mean to go all Woo-Woo (as James Randi would put it) on you... I'm just saying, keep your eye on the prize, keep your eyes to the skies... one foot in front of the other, and you will make it. Once there, don't ever look back. Take these hard learned lessons, this trial by fire, and adhere to what they've taught you. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. BK is NOT, nor has it ever (not in our times) killed anyone. People's attitudes kill them, kill their dreams, their ambitions, their hope. Keep your hope alive, keep your imagination active, keep the vision of a happier, healthier, debt-free, more financially aware and educated you in your thoughts at all times... even if you have to back-burner it, always "show up" mentally while you go through this process. There are valuable life lessons to be learned, and while I wouldn't wish this process on my worst enemy... (well... maybe One ex-boyfriend but that's it... ) I know I am a better person now then before I went through this. So how can I regret it? To end where I started... there will be no celebratory splurge. My celebration is the fact that I am free. It doesn't get better than that. My birthday is Aug 5th... I'll be turning 33. Free at 33.

Comment

Congrats
                              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X