top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In general, do attorneys send ALL paperwork to trustee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general, do attorneys send ALL paperwork to trustee?

Or does the trustee only get the official forms/schedules and then request his own bank statements, credit card statements, tax returns, etc.? If my attorney sends all of the information she asked me to give her then he is going to have to spend a lot of time going through it...do they really do that for under median filers?

Although my attorney requested 6 months of statements and payroll stubs and 3 years of tax filings, he only sent our Trustee 1 month of stubs, 1 year of tax returns and maybe one month of bank statements. I guess all the other stuff is for the attorney to get a bigger "picture" and not have any surprises and/or "just in case" the Trustee requests more info.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

right. unless the trustee specifically requests further information, the only thing they are entitled to are your paystubs and tax returns, and of course your petition. your attorney, on the other hand, needs to sign somewhere on the petition that he has good reason to believe that everything on your petition is true. so your attorney gets lots of info from you to protect himself.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

uumm

When your attorney file for you. what they send are the just the schedules and other related forms that the bankruptcy required.
        The bankruptcy then will send your attorney if there any other forms that they need. and then you gonna received your case number after completing the whole forms. the case number includes the creditor meeting and all that.

7 days before your court the trustee will request your most recent tax, with your case since you hired an attorney they wil be the one who will send it.
        and then thats it. oh they ask also for the recent pay stub.
        i sent 3 months and 2 years taxes on my side.

Comment

Yeah our attorney asked for 3 yrs tax returns, 6 months of pay stubs, deed to property, legal description of property, property tax assessment, most recent 401K statement, all kinds of stuff. Not sure what went to the trustee, but I am figuring not all that stuff. I believe attorneys have to have certain things in our files in case of an audit for them. She (paralegal) mentioned somethings have to stay in our files in their office incase of an audit on their office. So they must watch BK attorneys too incase of fraud I suppose.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X