top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

creditors calling after only 15 days of late payments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creditors calling after only 15 days of late payments?

I though I had at least until 30 days out. But they start calling after 2 weeks?

Anyone else experience this?

I had one start calling after 2 days. Another sent me a settlement offer for 40% at 34 days past due.
    Filed Chapter 7 7/24/2009
    UST Has Questions :unsure: 08/11/2009
    341 Completed !!! 9/1/2009 :clapping:
    DISCHARGED 11/10/2009 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

They call within a few days now.

Comment

They are quick at the draw. They consider it a 'courtesy call' to remind you that you're late, only they call 5-6 times a day, so 'courteous' of them..

I found cable internet for $20 a month and got Metro PCS. It actually comes out cheaper than the phone bill. I'm cutting the phone off as soon as the prepaid month of service is over.
        Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
          They are quick at the draw. They consider it a 'courtesy call' to remind you that you're late, only they call 5-6 times a day, so 'courteous' of them..

I found cable internet for $20 a month and got Metro PCS. It actually comes out cheaper than the phone bill. I'm cutting the phone off as soon as the prepaid month of service is over.
          I though about cutting my phone but im scared they would start calling my job. So I will leave the phone hookedup for now.

Comment

A few will try to call your job, you just have to tell them they aren't supposed to call you at this number and they will remove it from their file (at least for a little while). They started calling right away at my house, and it took about a week before they quit calling after we filed.
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Chase was the worst for me upped my rates to 29.99 and started calling in less then 10 days.

Comment

Sears (CitiGroup) called us at 15 days past due.

We filed before we were late on everything else.
                Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

ours started calling one day after we were late! hired our attny and had calls go to him so this is what they did....

called our house i swear 60 calls a day
                  called our attny
                  called my husband work even after he said they couldnt call him there
                  called husbands cell phone number dont know how they got that number
                  they even called my mother in law other side of the country!

I swear they had to hire a person just to call us all day!

well we filed yesterday and they have still been calling all day hopefully by the weekend they will be done!
                  Retained Attny...6/22/2009
                  Filed.................7/28/2009
                  341 meeting.......9/04/2009

Comment

I know how you feel, my phone would start ringing at 8:00 am sharp ! Now its peacefull around here thank Goodness.. Oh by the way, they will continue to call your job even if you tell them your not allowed to accept personal phone calls.. Best thing to do is to hurry up an file ! Heck Wells Fargo even called my hubby's HR department to see if he still had a job !
                    Filed on 7-17-09
                    waiting for 341
                    341 meeting 8-21-09
                    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

The creditors started calling 2 weeks after I missed the due date....
                      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

got a Capital one in your portfolio ?? Expect some daily calls from Hot Linda. You will know who she is when she calls.
                        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

What about citibank and bofa?

Comment

i didnt owe boa anything so dont know about them BUT citibank has called us atleast 2-3 times an hour they call hubbys work and his cell phone dont know which ones were calling my mom in law because we played it off like its getting to be reunion time they must be looking for classmates!

In our case citibank Discover and chase are the worst i think they just hit redial redial redial But chase did end up owning like 6 -8 of our accts through buying companies that we had credit cards with so they call nonstop every 15 min!
                            Retained Attny...6/22/2009
                            Filed.................7/28/2009
                            341 meeting.......9/04/2009

Comment

Originally posted by scorpios View Post
                              i didnt owe boa anything so dont know about them BUT citibank has called us atleast 2-3 times an hour they call hubbys work and his cell phone dont know which ones were calling my mom in law because we played it off like its getting to be reunion time they must be looking for classmates!

In our case citibank Discover and chase are the worst i think they just hit redial redial redial But chase did end up owning like 6 -8 of our accts through buying companies that we had credit cards with so they call nonstop every 15 min!
                              I only have 1 citi account, unsecured cc. My attorney told me if they give me any problems, pass them on to him.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X