PayPal MasterCard / PayPal account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal MasterCard / PayPal account

Here's a tricky one (I'm on a roll tonight!)... I have a PayPal account that I use for a small online business. That payPal account is obviously linked ot my bank account, and there is an associated PayPal MasterCard that will be included in my BK.

I need the PayPal for my business, but I'm worried that since PayPal is linked to my bank account, and I have a CC with them, that they are going to take from my account when I stop paying.

Does anyone have experience with PayPal in this situation?

I have a PayPal Account and haven't paid on it since last August. No monies taken from my regular checking account to make payments on my PayPal Account.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I included Paypal Buyer Credit account in my bk. It didn't effect my Paypal account whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
        I have a PayPal Account and haven't paid on it since last August. No monies taken from my regular checking account to make payments on my PayPal Account.

Hope this helps.
        But did you have a PayPal credit card? I have a PayPal credit card (it's through GE Money).

Comment

Originally posted by HopelessInWA View Post
          But did you have a PayPal credit card? I have a PayPal credit card (it's through GE Money).

Yes, I had a PayPal Credit Card which I stopped paying last Sept. It was over $1,000.

Comment

As long as you aren't including debit on the PayPal account itself (i.e. bounced transfers, or chargebacks creating a negative balance in the account you can't/won't cover), you should be fine.

I included my Buyer Credit account and the PayPal account itself is fine and I still use it. And I went about two years after stopping payments on the Buyer Credit account before I filed. They called, they sold it to collection agencies, but they didn't even take the small balance in my PayPal account or any of the payments I received in the mean time.

But just to be safe I would advise not keeping much of a balance in there, should they decide to freeze your account or something.

Comment

Same here... included GE MONEYBANK/Paypal in my bk. My regular paypal account and ebay account have had no issues whatsoever.

I haven't paid the card in 2 years

Comment

That is good to hear. Since you have your PayPal tied to your bank account, I was concerned that the first thing they'd do is wipe out my checking or something!

Comment

Yup same here, I had a paypal mastercard... nothing has changed on my pay pal account.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X