Update on HELOC settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on HELOC settlement

Haven't made a payment on my HELOC with CitiMortgage since Feb. We made them a settlement offer of 10% and it looks like they are going to accept my offer.

Citi sent a local realtor to my house yesterday. She told us that they wanted her to give them an estimated market value (which of course isn't much anymore).

I have been working on this for over 3-months and it has been a grueling process.

I'm hoping to be able to post exciting news real soon.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

BEST OF LUCK.
    Am current on my heloc also with Citi but upside down like everyone else in Florida. Will plan my strategy after 341 meeting 9/18/09.

Comment

Fantastic news Relief! Hopefully Citi will accept your offer soon....
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Any updates.....................
        Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
        341 Meeting 01/20/2010
        Discharged 3/22/2010
        Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

Could use info to reach out to Citi as well Relief. Thanks very much and good luck.

Comment

Hi Relief..

Can you tell me if this offer to pay the HELOC is based on you paying them cash or will they just rewrite the loan to show 10% and have you make payments on that...just need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by HOMEBODY View Post
              Hi Relief..

Can you tell me if this offer to pay the HELOC is based on you paying them cash or will they just rewrite the loan to show 10% and have you make payments on that...just need to know.
              It is cash out of pocket, lump sum offer. The goal of settlement is to pay a small amount to have the lender remove the lien (security interest).

Keep in mind, as was explained in the blog post I pointed you to in the other thread, the only reason this settlement is going to work is because Relief filed BK 7 and was discharged. To my knowledge, I haven't heard of anyone successfully negotiating a lump sum cash payment to remove an inferior mortgage outside of the short sale scenario.
              Last edited by HHM; 11-09-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Relief filed Chap 7 and kept his home. Its my understanding that there is room for settlement if you Heloc was discharged but you reaffirmed your primary mortgage. Kindly advise, thank you.

9 more days in the 60 day club,

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X