• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my 341 meeting today!

Congrats to you!!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

congrats to you
        Filed on 7-17-09
        waiting for 341
        341 meeting 8-21-09
        discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Congrats and Good Luck
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club...
            Filed Chap 7: 06/18/09
            341 Meeting held: 07/21/09
            Last Day for Objections: 9/21/09

Comment

congrats~

Comment

FYI: video to people wanting to know more about 341 meetings.

Comment

Did anyone's 341 meeting go this long like in this example? Or are the meetings much more simple than that?

The Law Offices of Rich Reister has created the following video re-enactment of the meeting of creditors so that individuals considering bankruptcy will have...

Comment

Congrats! Here's to a smooth and stress free 60 days and an uneventful discharge!

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                      Did anyone's 341 meeting go this long like in this example? Or are the meetings much more simple than that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbWQhyLzJM&fmt=18
                      That seems like a very straightforward 341 to me, but I would expect the Trustee to be guiding the meeting not the lawyer.

He's just asking for the debtor to affirm the general areas on the petition under oath (i.e. no real estate, no inheritance, etc.) The only thing I think seems a bit extreme is the level of detail he went into about why he needed to file. My trustee asked everyone's lawyer to "give some background on the case", but was satisfied with a much quicker answer pointing out a few major events or just that debt spiraled beyond means.

If you're worried go watch some meetings in your area to get a feel for how quickly and detailed the trustees in your district are.

Comment

Originally posted by jadams View Post
                        That seems like a very straightforward 341 to me, but I would expect the Trustee to be guiding the meeting not the lawyer.

He's just asking for the debtor to affirm the general areas on the petition under oath (i.e. no real estate, no inheritance, etc.) The only thing I think seems a bit extreme is the level of detail he went into about why he needed to file. My trustee asked everyone's lawyer to "give some background on the case", but was satisfied with a much quicker answer pointing out a few major events or just that debt spiraled beyond means.

If you're worried go watch some meetings in your area to get a feel for how quickly and detailed the trustees in your district are.
                        I wanted to bring a camera to take pictures to post on here.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbWQhyLzJM&fmt=18
                          this is absolutely NOTHING like what happens. the debtor's attorney is not the person asking the questions. the trustee is.
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09
                          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                            this is absolutely NOTHING like what happens. the debtor's attorney is not the person asking the questions. the trustee is.
                            They should remove that video off of Youtube then.

Why is there no other videos of a 341 meeting on Youtube? Why a "reenactment"? I can't believe that site has millions of other videos but nothing as common as a real, true to life 341 meeting that millions of people do all the time.

Comment

I wanted to bring a camera to take pictures to post on here.

Don't think so. You will not get past Security with a Camera or a Cell Phone. And no, the security people will not 'hold' them for you. Have to walk back to your car and place the camera and/or cell phone in your car.

Don't know how far of a walk it is for you, but it's over 2 blocks from the Parking garage. Very limited parallel parking & we couldn't use it, as I need room in the rear of my van to get my scooter out as I cannot walk very far without it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X